I suffer from Generalised Anxiety Disorder and have tried Citalopram twice in past that helped me when anxiety got difficult to cope with but when went on it this time, it spiked my existing tinittus so had to stop. Tried Mertazapene and although helped had the same effect.
I have been in hospital for the last 4 weeks having treatment for an unrelated issue and asked the pych team in hospital to see me. After explaining the situation they started me on Propranolol as less chance of that affecting my tinittus.

From what I understand Propranolol is given alongside a antidepressant like SSRI as Propranolol doesn't stop the racing thoughts etc but the physical side of anxiety i.e. the racing heart and adrenalin rushes and is it only usually given for a short term as it difficult to come off it?

I have been on it 2 weeks now at 10mg twice a day. I noticed my resting heart rate went from around 80 to 60 ( they monitor BP and heart rate regularly in hospital!). I also feel much much more tired and spaced out. I was feeling spaced out a lot before taking it but it feels stronger now and last few days have had no emotions. I feel empty no fear, happiness or anything. Its like my brain in "safe mode". Is this usual to feel this spaced out emotionless and tired on Propranolol even on a low dose and is this usually a short term side effect?