Thread: Tight stiff muscles

Tight stiff muscles

Hi all. I’m trying not to go down a rabbit hole but for 6 months now I’ve had really stiff aching legs , both thighs and calves. I only really feel it when walking and it’s stopped me running or feeling like running . The odd time I’ve felt like my heels are numb but I don’t think they are as I can feel things when I touch them . I’ve been for physio and the physio said my calves are really tight. It feels really challenging to walk but I’ve tried to keep going . I don’t think I’ve lost any strength but the act of walking is not fun . I’ve always been really fit and active so you can imagine its kinda getting me down and worried that it might be something more sinister . I’ve been to my gp who didn’t think it was ms or anything serious and did the usual tests . I actually went to see a neurologist who said he didn’t think it was anything like ms and in his words “wouldn’t dream of sending you for an mri” but has pencilled me in for an emg just to settle my mind that it’s not neurological related .

So have any of you folks had long term muscle issues ? I just can’t imagine this feeling and the real muscle stiffness can all be due to worry ?

Really appreciate your words of wisdom . Thanks

Re: Tight stiff muscles

I been told I have a frozen shoulder recently, but because of my health anxiety I think it is something worst, I had my regularly eye exam a few weeks ago, was down at the walk in centre where I had my blood pressure taken, and was told it was a trapped nerve and a bit of inflammation. the pain abd aching is awful, it goes from my neck, to my shoulder, to my elbow and arm, and sometimes under my arm pit.

Thread Information