Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
I've always thought that the sayings that 'everything happens for a reason' or 'we are only sent what we can cope with' are a load of b***ocks. Sometimes life just sucks, and Christmas tends to magnify it.

Can you delay the Christmas dinner until your partner is out of isolation? Have a slightly delayed Christmas? Or a bigger New Year celebration?

As for your tree being disrobed of its decorations, some poor soul who didn't have any decorations for their tree might have taken them? You might have inadvertently made someones Christmas?
Whilst I don't in any way intend to come across as patronising, indignant or a killjoy, life can essentially suck on pretty much every other day of the year, let alone the 25th of December.

Nowadays I just consider that particular date (and the 1st of January) just another day like any other, and try to appreciate and make the best of life as it comes, even if the festive seasons for me personally these days aren't a patch on what they were when I was younger.

But I fully accept that times and circumstances (both personal and general) change, and like it or not, that's a fact of life.