Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crappy Christmas one and all

Re: Crappy Christmas one and all

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I've always thought that the sayings that 'everything happens for a reason' or 'we are only sent what we can cope with' are a load of b***ocks. Sometimes life just sucks, and Christmas tends to magnify it.

Can you delay the Christmas dinner until your partner is out of isolation? Have a slightly delayed Christmas? Or a bigger New Year celebration?

As for your tree being disrobed of its decorations, some poor soul who didn't have any decorations for their tree might have taken them? You might have inadvertently made someones Christmas?
    Whilst I don't in any way intend to come across as patronising, indignant or a killjoy, life can essentially suck on pretty much every other day of the year, let alone the 25th of December.

Nowadays I just consider that particular date (and the 1st of January) just another day like any other, and try to appreciate and make the best of life as it comes, even if the festive seasons for me personally these days aren't a patch on what they were when I was younger.

But I fully accept that times and circumstances (both personal and general) change, and like it or not, that's a fact of life.

On the whole it wasn’t a bad day , I tend to build up my hopes and have a vision of the perfect family day and when it falls apart I fall hard , I know some may frown upon this but we told our daughters about the text and they were okay to come and see us , we took a test which was negative and I know this doesn’t mean much and not wanting to sound complacent but life goes on , last year my mum died alone in hospital because of covid and I know it’s risky but how long can you hide away sticking to rules when covid isn’t going away anytime soon , so my daughters came round with the kids to open presents then went after a couple of hours , my younger daughter stayed for dinner , it was good to spend time with her since she moved away .
    Today could have been better but could have been a lot worse and I’m grateful for what we did have , I hope some of you lot had a great day .
    Sometimes the hope absolutely destroys me thinking how good things could be but hope is all I have that next year will be better and that’s what keeps me around when the dark thoughts come .
    Ill hang on to that idea catkins that’s maybe someone took the decorations because they had none , Happy Christmas

Buster, emotions run high at the best of times, even more so at Christmas.
    I'm pleased to hear your potentially bad day turned around.
    You do tend to have pessimistic thoughts and that could come from knocks in life, but like you say, when you have nice moments, take them with open arms and cherish them.

If you really think about this as just another day on the calendar, it's not quite as relevant as any other day.

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 25-12-21 at 23:37.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Christmas has been great. We didn't have to cook and went to a friends, which was perfect. It was fun sitting around the table. But that's all it is for me, one day to enjoy the company of those you love.

It's for the kids really, if I didn't have a kid I wouldn't bother with it as much. I do enjoy that "Christmas feeling", home alone, a glass of alcohol, chocolates.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Wasn't that painful for me either.

In fact, I actually enjoyed Christmas 2021 a bit more than Christmas 2020.

Probably because 2021 as a whole has generally seen a greater semblance of normality compared to 2020, even though the pandemic still seems to be getting worse before it gets better.

I'm still convinced vaccines have been our biggest saviour during these past 12 months, like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Wasn't that painful for me either.

In fact, I actually enjoyed Christmas 2021 a bit more than Christmas 2020.

Probably because 2021 as a whole has generally seen a greater semblance of normality compared to 2020, even though the pandemic still seems to be getting worse before it gets better.

I'm still convinced vaccines have been our biggest saviour during these past 12 months, like it or not.
    Good to hear Lenco. I'm cooking up a turkey and Christmas dinner today as I didn't get to cook yesterday.

Vaccines ... hmmm maybe. January will be the big kicker to decide whether we're moving forward or not. I'm quite fed up of COVID now Lenco.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Good to hear Lenco. I'm cooking up a turkey and Christmas dinner today as I didn't get to cook yesterday.

Vaccines ... hmmm maybe. January will be the big kicker to decide whether we're moving forward or not. I'm quite fed up of COVID now Lenco.
    Aren't we all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information