Thread: Tinnitus

Tinnitus

Hi all! It’s been a really long time since I have been on this forum. About 8 years I think. I have basically overcome my health anxiety or so I thought. Currently I am suffering greatly and I need help and advice. I have a ringing in my ears that started about 2 weeks ago. I woke up in the middle of the night and I heard crickets but there were none. It was my ears. I went into a panic. I’ve had tinnitus for years but it’s an “eeeee” sound and in my left ear it was a slight metallic sound. It worried me at first but I didn’t bother me too much. I just accepted it. The crickets lasted about 4 days and then it chanced to a very fast ringing sound in my right and then the sound jumps to my left where it sounds like metallic grinding. It’s aggravated by sounds like my oil burner. Today a new sound in my left ear was added it’s a very fast paced ringing. Sometimes it even sounds like a jingle bell. Sometimes I hear the sounds over everyday sounds and it freaks me out. If it’s quiet my ears go crazy. Like so many sounds. I am feeling very hopeless and that’s not like me. I just don’t want to eat or get out of bed (I still do what I have to do). When I’m at work I don’t even notice it. It’s when I’m home. I am constantly checking it. I got a sound machine but it makes the ringing worse. I feel like my brain is broken. I need some advice as to what to do. Thank you for reading.

Re: Tinnitus

Please someone answer 🙁

I have a similar thing. Had it for years now.
    I'm sitting here in silence and they're ringing like mad.
    I also have a lot of trouble hearing if there's 2 different sounds at once eg TV and voices.
    I just put it down to Tinnitus or industrial deafness from a job I worked at years ago.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Thank you for responding. I’ve been much better since yesterday. I’ve been trying to tell myself the more attention I give it the louder it will be. Does yours still bother you or are you used to it?

I'm pretty much used to it now.
    If I'm occupied doing something I don't hear it.
    You re right in that the more attention you give it the worse it seems.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Hi Rose, do you mind me asking how old you are? This is a common symptom of perimenopause, which can last 10 years! I’m 43 and started having what you described along with wonky periods.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratustra View Post
    Hi Rose, do you mind me asking how old you are? This is a common symptom of perimenopause, which can last 10 years! I’m 43 and started having what you described along with wonky periods.
    I was just coming on here to say the same thing very common with Peri, I am having mild ringing in one ear, it just flared up suddenly today after not having it for months....I am 49 soon to be 50 in eight months.

Hi! I just turned 40. The ringing is still there but very faint. I don’t pay attention to it anymore and it doesn’t bother me. Thank you for your replies!

Thread Information