Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Dog Was Just Diagnosed With Cancer and I don't Know How To Cope...

Re: My Dog Was Just Diagnosed With Cancer and I don't Know How To Cope...

@Pulisa Yeah, I'll probably process it better after a few days, shock is harder to deal with so suddenly. Definitely give him all he needs

@.Poppy. Thank you. My boy really gets stressed going the vets, so much that is upsets him for a couple days afterwards, so the less I can do it the better, and my vet is kind enough to offer pain relief while he sits in the car rather than bring him inside if need be, so that helps. He can also get aggressive if forced, and I don't like doing that to him, so palliative and pain relief, and giving him the best we can with that and supplements and lots of healthy food. This morning he had sausages, and for his dinner he's had boiled chicken, rice and broccoli, and little treats as well. Tomorrow he's going the park again (when he's too tired I'll just let him rest at home, as I know he'll get tired too, and we have a really large garden for him to relax in too.

I hold up hope that he will pick up with the pain relief, and they may cause the lumps to go down a little, and he can fight this for however long he can. That's probably the selfish part of me, as I'm still deeply in denial at the moment from shock but I'll only ever do the right thing by him. And the only comfort is that he has no awareness of what he has, and only wants any pain to stop so he can return to being the alpha of the pack (and seeing me as the runt again lol!) Thank you though, and best thing is good diet, healthy weight, exercise, and love (which your dog obviously has)

@MyNameIsTerry Thank you. Yeah, we made the decision as a family, and our vet too, who says they'll be there for us whenever we need them and offer all the support and pain relief (even going as far as to offer the pain relief in the car so he doesn't get distressed coming into the clinic, as with the pandemic, no one is allowed in, which makes my dogs lash out and act aggressive. So, that isn't an option). Anyway, keeping him to a good, normal routine, he loves meeting dogs on his walks, he loves running, though a little less now as he's gotten older too, and he's on a good healthy diet and he's got an insatiable appetite and eats really well.

It's my selfish part that wants to keep him around for as long as possible, and I have to work on accepting what is ahead of me. It's just taking a bit of time right now. I'll do the right thing though, I always have with all of them, it's just rough and painful. Thanks again though, all the messages are helping me rationalize my anxiety and shock too.

Nothing I can say, so I'm just sending good wishes. Give your boy a fuss from me?

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    @MyNameIsTerry Thank you. Yeah, we made the decision as a family, and our vet too, who says they'll be there for us whenever we need them and offer all the support and pain relief (even going as far as to offer the pain relief in the car so he doesn't get distressed coming into the clinic, as with the pandemic, no one is allowed in, which makes my dogs lash out and act aggressive. So, that isn't an option). Anyway, keeping him to a good, normal routine, he loves meeting dogs on his walks, he loves running, though a little less now as he's gotten older too, and he's on a good healthy diet and he's got an insatiable appetite and eats really well.

It's my selfish part that wants to keep him around for as long as possible, and I have to work on accepting what is ahead of me. It's just taking a bit of time right now. I'll do the right thing though, I always have with all of them, it's just rough and painful. Thanks again though, all the messages are helping me rationalize my anxiety and shock too.
    Doing the right thing for your much loved dog and not for your benefit makes you a wonderful pet owner, Mischa. He is lucky to have you to care for him at such an important time in his life.

@BlueIris I know, thank you though. I will do Blue, he's feeling a little better today, so hopefully medicine is helping.

@Pulisa That means a lot, and yeah, and whatever he needs, I'll do my best to give him, thanks again, helps a lot

Sending a virtual hug !

@Sunshine93 Thank you!

I'm so very sorry to hear this, I know I'll be devastated if anything happened to my dog. Keep him comfortable and keep him happy. Take care of yourself too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information