Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Myeloma

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Myeloma

I am so scared I have myeloma. I have an elevated IGA so normal is 4 mine is 5.8 also my beta globulin is at 5.8 and normal is 5. All other blood work is good. My doctor called me yesterday and said that she doesn’t know why my IGA would be elevated so so wants to send me to blood doctor. I am 43 and think this is a death sentence I have no hope left. I know if I am positive for myeloma I will end my life. My kids are grown and I have been through so much in my life , like the loss of a child that I am done living with pain and worry I’m so done.

Re: Myeloma

You haven't been diagnosed with myeloma, in all likelihood your doctor is just following protocol and being extremely cautious.

You have to do everything you can to distract yourself and stay calm until you see the blood doctor. What techniques do you normally use?

Just wanted to follow up with you, have you had your appointment yet? Sending good thoughts to you, please don’t stress, but I know it’s easier said than done.

I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time. The loss of a child is something that would never leave you. Elevated levels of IgA can mean a number of things including just simple inflammation, obesity, high blood pressure, etc... Myeloma is a rare cancer and the average age of diagnosis is 70. Hang in there. And, also, blood work can be off now and then for no real reason at all. The blood doctor will do a repeat and the levels may be back to normal! My husband had abnormal numbers that indicated liver disease. He went back in 3 months and it was normal.

I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time. The loss of a child is something that would never leave you. Elevated levels of IgA can mean a number of things including just simple inflammation, obesity, high blood pressure, etc... Myeloma is a rare cancer and the average age of diagnosis is 70. Hang in there. And, also, blood work can be off now and then for no real reason at all. The blood doctor will do a repeat and the levels may be back to normal! My husband had abnormal numbers that indicated liver disease. He went back in 3 months and it was normal.

Quote Originally Posted by lisak789 View Post
    I am so scared I have myeloma. I have an elevated IGA so normal is 4 mine is 5.8 also my beta globulin is at 5.8 and normal is 5. All other blood work is good. My doctor called me yesterday and said that she doesn’t know why my IGA would be elevated so so wants to send me to blood doctor. I am 43 and think this is a death sentence I have no hope left. I know if I am positive for myeloma I will end my life. My kids are grown and I have been through so much in my life , like the loss of a child that I am done living with pain and worry I’m so done.
    My aunt had myeloma...believe me, you don't have it. Most people find out they have it when they break a bone.

Thank you all so much for responding. I have not gotten an appointment yet with the hematologist I don’t even know if I want one. I am right now waiting for my serium protein results and I’m so sick with worry I’m not sleeping or eating my stress is through the roof. I cry all the time. I just don’t know what would elevate those blood tests besides myloma. I can’t even find anything else. The thing is I hate living like this I know other people who have Heath issues and they have the attitude that it is what it is and they carry on. I dont think I can do that I am exhausted with health anxiety it’s so exhausting on the body on the mind on your family on daily life. I just torture myself , over thinking over googling just to find that one small piece of information that doesn’t point to cancer. I mean google beta 2 globulin and see where it goes. It’s horrible. Even this time of year you have family over for a little Christmas get together and you see everyone having fun but yet my mind is so preoccupied with thoughts that this will be my last Christmas. I don’t think it helps either that we can now check our blood work online without going through a doctor because it just makes it ten times worse. It’s a sad life to be like this 😢

Quote Originally Posted by lisak789 View Post
    Thank you all so much for responding. I have not gotten an appointment yet with the hematologist I don’t even know if I want one. I am right now waiting for my serium protein results and I’m so sick with worry I’m not sleeping or eating my stress is through the roof. I cry all the time. I just don’t know what would elevate those blood tests besides myloma. I can’t even find anything else. The thing is I hate living like this I know other people who have Heath issues and they have the attitude that it is what it is and they carry on. I dont think I can do that I am exhausted with health anxiety it’s so exhausting on the body on the mind on your family on daily life. I just torture myself , over thinking over googling just to find that one small piece of information that doesn’t point to cancer. I mean google beta 2 globulin and see where it goes. It’s horrible. Even this time of year you have family over for a little Christmas get together and you see everyone having fun but yet my mind is so preoccupied with thoughts that this will be my last Christmas. I don’t think it helps either that we can now check our blood work online without going through a doctor because it just makes it ten times worse. It’s a sad life to be like this 😢
    If you actually had myeloma your results would be higher than that.

I have found some old blood results from2017,2018 and 2019 and my iga has been elevated from them until now as well as my beta 2 globulin has been elevated from 2017 until now. Why would my doctors not check this out this screams myeloma from what I have read ! I am so upset, so does this mean I’m close to dying ???

I had a myeloma scare a few years ago.

From the far too much googling I did during that time, I can tell you there are a lot of other blood markers for myeloma. There is also a benign condition that can cause the levels to rise.

Also, Myeloma isn't the disease it once was. It's a chronic disease for many people with huge advances in treatment being made in recent years. The information about it online is about 5 years out of date.

Please make the appointment so you can end this mental torture which is probably more harmful than anything else at the moment.

All the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information