Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Urgent referral please help pelvic mass

Re: Urgent referral please help pelvic mass

Chase up the scan. You will feel much better once you have a date. If it's private it will be quick and that's what you need when you are really struggling. Is it worth asking the out of hours GP service for some diazepam to tide you over the weekend?

Please try and relax, I know it’s easier said than done. There’s a good probability it’s nothing serious. Waiting is the worst part x

Quote Originally Posted by Elliejane44 View Post
    I am really struggling now . Feel sick can’t eat . Just fearing the worst that it ovarian or womb cancer
    Keep pacing around .
    It’s so very unlikely to be anything like that though, but I’ve been there and know how you’re feeling, so I’ll just virtually hold your hand.
    My family member went private when she had fibroids and everything was dealt with so quickly. Let us know when your appointment is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again to your lovely ladies for replying . Means a lot
    I had a carry on I phoned late Friday to see if they got my referral and got a horrible lady who basically said I had to just wait till someone phoned me next week . She said due to Covid it would be week 20th Dec . That is over the 2 weeks guidelines with nhs so much for quicker private . I phoned my health insurance back and they gave me some other places that I could try in different cities so got a really nice lady in a different place who even gave me her personal mobile . I got my referral form from gp so should get into this other place next week . Have to call tomorrow .
    Still worrying mostly over ovarian as womb seems to have much better success rates . I only started with symptoms 2 weeks ago as I very vigilant as we all are with health anxiety so I know I def not had any other symptoms in past like spotting , bloating etc . It’s fear me this silent cancer tag though . Spent way too long on google today

Thanks again to your lovely ladies for replying . Means a lot
    I had a carry on I phoned late Friday to see if they got my referral and got a horrible lady who basically said I had to just wait till someone phoned me next week . She said due to Covid it would be week 20th Dec . That is over the 2 weeks guidelines with nhs so much for quicker private . I phoned my health insurance back and they gave me some other places that I could try in different cities so got a really nice lady in a different place who even gave me her personal mobile . I got my referral form from gp so should get into this other place next week . Have to call tomorrow .
    Still worrying mostly over ovarian as womb seems to have much better success rates . I only started with symptoms 2 weeks ago as I very vigilant as we all are with health anxiety so I know I def not had any other symptoms in past like spotting , bloating etc . It’s fear me this silent cancer tag though . Spent way too long on google today
    So sorry you were treated insensitively and well done for persevering and finding somewhere that will see you sooner. You are right that uterine cancer has a good prognosis. But it is unlikely to be cancer or any sort. Keep us posted and keep talking if it helps… xx

I'm so sorry you're struggling! I dealt with fibroids most of my adult life. They can definitely start to grow more quickly in the pre- menopause years due to hormone fluctuations. They are very common and can cause a huge range of symptoms. Good luck at your appointment. Fibroids can be a pain in the neck (and pelvis!) but totally benign!

Thanks again to everyone for replying
    I have a scan tomorrow
    I thinks it’s a internal scan but now my period started so worried they will cancel . Internet says you can have it and it does not impact anything as long as you are comfortable with it . I past caring over a bit off mess
    Anyone had internal scan before ?
    My stomach is doing loops and keep just worrying

Thanks again to everyone for replying
    I have a scan tomorrow
    I thinks it’s a internal scan but now my period started so worried they will cancel . Internet says you can have it and it does not impact anything as long as you are comfortable with it . I past caring over a bit off mess
    Anyone had internal scan before ?
    My stomach is doing loops and keep just worrying
    Ive had several internal scans and they are a bit weird but not painful. Your period won’t matter. You will feel much better when you have answers. Fear of the unknown is incredibly hard. Let us know how you get on.

I'm glad you have your scan today. Good luck from me too...Just get it done and then you will have knowledge as opposed to speculation.

Hi all
    So I had the scan today and the radiographer went through it all . She scanned quickly first and said not sinister . She did both external and internal to confirm her findings . So my womb is twice size it should be which is what the doctor was feeling . She said it is a condition called adenomyotis or something like that . It’s like endometriosis but instead of growing outside womb it grows inside it .
    Can cause painful periods , break bleeding , pressure in pelvic , uti etc .
    So have appt next week with my gp to discuss next steps . Only proper cure is hysterectomy but might me able to be managed with hormones or ablation . So relieved I have an explanation . And feel thankful

my original question was about pus in my urine . Again my sample showed pus but different gp said it was only just above normal so no antibiotics. It’s still very painful . He said my level was 46 and normal is 30 but google said much lower is normal
    Wanted another sample , sample number 5 . Anyone ever had this
    Ellie
    Last edited by Elliejane44; 06-12-21 at 18:05.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information