Thread: would like a 2nd opinion .

would like a 2nd opinion .

So i had a tooth filled on my top right section the one right before the canine and its been giving me pretty much constant pain for the past 8 or 10 days{tooth has been filled for 2 weeks} i went back yesterday to see what was going on and they did a xray and the cold test and everything and everything looked healthy. No infection no anything they pretty much told me the filling material{Composite resin im assuming}is not adjusting well to my tooth and its irritated. They said this could take weeks or even months from now to go away. I would like a 2nd thought on this and if this sounds reasonable. Or if i should maybe look at getting a different type of filling. They did say if i change fillings the already irritated tooth may feel even worse.

Note i had 3 teeth done this one is just giving me issues

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: would like a 2nd opinion .

As someone who has had tons of teeth issues, but does not get any anxiety around them, I think it's reasonable to seek a second opinion on this one. If the cold test was ok, I would think it probably is, but it wouldn't hurt to get a second look to be sure they didn't hit the nerve with the filling. I have a crown on one tooth that still bothers me intermittently, so I go now and then to make sure I don't need a root canal yet.

Re: would like a 2nd opinion .

just thought i would give an update to this the pain has calmed down tho still sensitive to cold water the pain has turned into a very dull ache that sort of has stayed the same its been nearly 4 weeks now. Im not sure if i should just give it more time.

Thread Information