Thread: Bright red spot of blood on TP

Bright red spot of blood on TP

Hi again,

after having a spiral over firstly breast pain and then stomach pain I went and got the courage to get my bloods checked, and a mammogram which came back as no cause for alarm.

i have been getting slight red on my bowel movements and have followed advice on here not to worry to much unless it’s continuous.

But just today after a small hard pebble movement there was a bright as red spot about the size of my nail on the toilet paper..... that has never ever happened before.....I’m FREAKED out. I am so bummed as I just got over my fear Andy got my tests done and now this.

I’m a 41 year old female of average weight, a fairly crap diet and had stomacg pains for a while and I did think there was a lump....what do I do? Go bother my DR again or wait and see.
    When people say blood on TP are they saying just a little line when they wipe? Cos this was a bright red spot?..

Please give me some good advice, wether I should wait or what I should ask to get done at the DR?.
    thank you all xx

Re: Bright red spot of blood on TP

Honestly I would say it's from piles. I had this about a week ago. Increase your fluid intake.

Yup, or a small injury/scrape to the skin in the area that came about upon 'exit' of the small hard Pebble movement. Small hard Pebble movements are on the worst end of constipation, like passing dry raspy scratchy stones through yours bum hole and thats going to potentially cause what you saw today. If you have hard/constipated stools often then a hemmie (the lump you refer to ?) can very easy be made to bleed with a hard dry pebble movement. Increase fluid, change your diet, vegetables, fruit, fibre - at the moment you have a cause and effect going on.

Thank you for the replies. Inwill do all that. Sorry I wasn’t clear the lump I think I can feel was in my stomach but also could be motions going through.... and does this all come with a dull ache in your tummy? Sorry thisreally really freaked me out.
    i love this community.... so glad I found you all x

Hi, yes constipation does that. Blood which is bright red is NOT coming from your bowel generally. It's so easy to damage the anus and I really think that is what it will be. Drink lots of fluid and up your fibre if possible.

Thread Information