Hi

Does anyone have any experience of this? My 39 year old son has had a history of facial pain for the past three or so years and has been ping-ponged between his Gp/dentist during that time. Last week it intensified quite dramatically (unbearably) and during a phone consultation the GP told him he had it and prescribed some medication with nasty side-effects.

She told him there was a six month waiting list to see a consultant , so he went private. After a thorough examination the consultant said it was too early to consider TN and he’s now booked in for a CT scan. he said consultant didn’t seem too concerned and thinks it may be salivary gland problems.

I’m a long term HA sufferer and my worry is that it’s TN. Dr Google says that it’s ‘the worst pain known to man’ and that it’s nicknamed the suicide disease.! It gets progressively worse and although can be treated in some case, it doesn't work for everyone.

when I’m being rational, I remember that it’s extremely rare (12 people in 100,000) affects women more than men and usually those over 50. Also, he can sometimes reduce the pain by applying pressure to his salivary gland - so maybe it’s that?

when I’m not being rational, I’ll I can think about us that he’s doomed to a lifetime of agony.

I can’t stop thinking about it and I’m driving myself mad.