Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyes not Focussing sometimes Mirtazapine .

Eyes not Focussing sometimes Mirtazapine .

Hi I have been on Mirtazapine for a couple of weeks now is one of the side effects difficulty focussing your eyes sometimes .?

Re: Eyes not Focussing sometimes Mirtazapine .

Yes, it is a potential side-effect of most ADs. One or both pupils may also be dilated. It may, or may not diminish within a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Yes, it is a potential side-effect of most ADs. One or both pupils may also be dilated. It may, or may not diminish within a few weeks.
    Hi Thanks for the reply ,when I was on Citalopram I did not notice this I am guessing as Mirtazapine is stronger its more noitceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1960 View Post
    when I was on Citalopram I did not notice this I am guessing as Mirtazapine is stronger its more noitceable.
    Not every AD will cause it, but all potentially may. It comes down to how they mesh with personal biology. Mirtazapine is actually a weaker AD imho, but it is a lot more sedating than the SSRIs.

Not every AD will cause it, but all potentially may. It comes down to how they mesh with personal biology. Mirtazapine is actually a weaker AD imho, but it is a lot more sedating than the SSRIs.
    Thanks yes feeling very sedated at the moment ,I am on both Citalopram and Mirtazapine ,the citalopram as a "Tapering dose" they are going to review my Mirtazapine dose afterwards , I was put on Mirtazapine as it appeared after many years the Citalopram was not as effective .

I kept having repetitive thoughts ,and anxiety took over , leaving me in turmoil and unable to function properly .

Thanks yes feeling very sedated at the moment ,
    Mirtazapine tends to become less sedating as the dose increases, however YMMV.

I was put on Mirtazapine as it appeared after many years the Citalopram was not as effective
    Unfortunately, ADs may lose effectiveness over time with the SSRIs being more prone to doing so than the SNRIs, TCAs and MAOIs.

I kept having repetitive thoughts ,and anxiety took over , leaving me in turmoil and unable to function properly .
    Is mirtazapine having an impact yet, Richard?

Mirtazapine tends to become less sedating as the dose increases, however YMMV.

Unfortunately, ADs may lose effectiveness over time with the SSRIs being more prone to doing so than the SNRIs, TCAs and MAOIs.

Is mirtazapine having an impact yet, Richard?
    Hi there .

Yes I found Citalopram became less effective id been taking it for about 12 years ,although I found it hard to tell apparently friends told me I did not seem myself.

The Mirtazapam I think is working at making me less anxious as I feel drowsy a lot of the time , after my tapering off of the Citalopram due to end at the end of next week , they are going to review the Mirtazapam to see if it needs increasing , I guess they might then it may lose some of its sedative effect .

The Mirtazapam I think is working at making me less anxious as I feel drowsy a lot of the time ,
    Mirtazapine is more sedative than antidepressant so drowsiness is a significant part of its effectiveness.

They are going to review the Mirtazapam to see if it needs increasing , I guess they might then it may lose some of its sedative effect .
    The usual dose range for anxiety and depression is 30-45mg.

Mirtazapine is more sedative than antidepressant so drowsiness is a significant part of its effectiveness.

The usual dose range for anxiety and depression is 30-45mg.
    Thanks Yes I am finding the sedative effective useful as I am at last getting sleep ,and am less anxious now.!

At the moment I am taking 20mg citalopram daily and 15mg Mirtzapam so when the tapering of the citalopram is due to end , I'm due for a chat with doctors will ask them about increasing the Mirtazapam level to round 30mg and see how I go on that .

I am beginning to feel a lot better albeit having trouble focusing a little, the trade off seems to be worthwhile ,although i've been taking it now for two weeks and the full effects may take a little longer ,as will it to see if the side effects continue .

I love your user name I have been watching the ashes on TV here in the UK ,your username sounds like our players .

I love your user name I have been watching the ashes on TV here in the UK
    Have you always been a masochist, or it this something new?

The more your lot are panicked, the better. It is what we live for. Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum we smell the blood of anxious flannelled Englishmen. Be they alive or be they dead. We'll grind their bones into the pitches of Australia!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information