Thread: 9 yr old with COVID symptoms

9 yr old with COVID symptoms

So just as I was dealing with my own raging health anxiety (I've been documenting this in a separate HA thread), this happens. Last night my son complained of feeling generally unwell and having a headache. It was bed time anyway so we went to bed and I hoped he'd be fine in the morning. This morning he had a temperature hovering around 99 F. He also said he was feeling 'heavy' and dizzy. He has had the flu shot a few wks ago and his 1st COVID vaccine shot last Tuesday. I have had 2 Pfizer shots but not my booster yet. The earliest we can get tested is tomorrow. Social distancing at home is not an option. He is clingy even when he's well and besides his dad is out of the country so he was wants to cuddle and be comforted. I'm so worried. My mom died from COVID in late 2020 - she was immunocompromised. I am feeling spent - no rest for the wicked I guess.

Re: 9 yr old with COVID symptoms

So sorry to hear about your mum, my step-gran died from Covid in February. It's very tough.

Definitely get him tested, it could just be a reaction to the vaccination or could be another bug, but it's better to have the test and find out.

With regards to the possibility that he might have it, in all likelihood if he does have it he will have it mildly and will recover quickly. The same with yourself, being double vaccinated will really help you.

Thread Information