Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gambling

Gambling

Can anybody give me any tips to ease up the gambling? I use to bet on football now now mostly slots. Wins are bigger but so are the loses. I won £40 other night and gave it back to the bookie within an hour. I try and stick to the free daily wheels but often they just tempt me more. Problem is I get paid monthly and find it hard to make money last and could lose £50 in a day. I say I won’t play then the urge comes back to play anybody any tips? Worst case I have to send my wife my money to send me over but hoping it won’t come to that.

Re: Gambling

Keep in mind cash is full of nasty dirty germs. Far worse than bins!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Is this online? A lot of apps have safety measures you can put into place for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by [COLOR=#3E3E3E
    phil06[/COLOR]]Can anybody give me any tips to ease up the gambling? I use to bet on football now now mostly slots. Wins are bigger but so are the loses. I won £40 other night and gave it back to the bookie within an hour. I try and stick to the free daily wheels but often they just tempt me more. Problem is I get paid monthly and find it hard to make money last and could lose £50 in a day. I say I wonít play then the urge comes back to play anybody any tips? Worst case I have to send my wife my money to send me over but hoping it wonít come to that.

Hey Phil, If it's causing hardship mate I'd probably knock it on the head. It sounds like you may have an addiction. I assume you're using apps too? I'd delete them and go through the withdrawal; I know this is easier said than done.

You can't beat the bookie this way.

Why not gamble in a different way where by you limit your spend, and maximize your profits? Football accumulators for example. This type of betting requires you put in some logic. I've almost came close to an 80k payout on a £2 spend, 1 team let me down. I had 23 games on. Give yourself £10 a week and have fun with a few accumulators. If you lose, it's no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Keep in mind cash is full of nasty dirty germs. Far worse than bins!

FMP
    Can COVID be passed on by handling cash? Didn't even consider that.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    [/COLOR]Hey Phil, If it's causing hardship mate I'd probably knock it on the head. It sounds like you may have an addiction. I assume you're using apps too? I'd delete them and go through the withdrawal; I know this is easier said than done.

You can't beat the bookie this way.

Why not gamble in a different way where by you limit your spend, and maximize your profits? Football accumulators for example. This type of betting requires you put in some logic. I've almost came close to an 80k payout on a £2 spend, 1 team let me down. I had 23 games on. Give yourself £10 a week and have fun with a few accumulators. If you lose, it's no big deal.

Can COVID be passed on by handling cash? Didn't even consider that.
    Yes I do football ones and itís apps I use to bet 10p sometimes less so I wouldnít be losing too much but often wouldnít win too much but was just fun without spending too much. Iíve had a few good wins on slots but rather than stop I gamble within hours or next day so I donít feel Iím winning. I guess with the football they donít get my money back as quickly often Iíve won with free bets

It's unlikely that you'll ever come out ahead - I have an interest in the techniques the bookies use for online and machine gambling, which is why I wouldn't touch it. It's terrifying.

Wired is right, you need to ignore the offers and freebies, work out how much you can lose per week without it causing stress and then keep to that.

My advice to all newbies currently contemplating taking up gambling is
    AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I have an interest in the techniques the bookies use for online and machine gambling, which is why I wouldn't touch it. It's terrifying.
    Besides, many of these betting sites are not legit or secure. I know, I work in fraud for a large financial institution and file claims daily. A LOT of account compromise.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    My advice to all newbies currently contemplating taking up gambling is
    AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!
    The joys of Lockdown the bookies closed so everybody I know downloaded these apps. Boredom too very little to do other than gamble even today very little I do mostly stay in.

Maybe think about taking up a new hobby instead? Read more, write a blog about your OCD, take up cooking or woodworking...?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information