Hi, I'm a little worried about a spot I have near a tooth, that I've had for nearly 2 weeks. It seems to have pus in it, its very small, like a pin prick size. I did have a bit of pain at the beginning, but now nothing. I made an appointment for my dentist, but I have to wait until the 21st December, as they have nothing sooner.

I was a little worried after reading online, mainly about infection, and them saying how serious it is. I've also been a little spooked about oral cancer too. The spot is right beside a tooth that had a root canal when I was 13, and has a filling in it, and I'm 34 now. I've been using Bonjela for the last couple days but not sure its doing anything.

I'm not touching it either, it had been seeping occassionally, and then stops, and I accidentally brushed too hard over it at one point. It's very small but it has me a little worried, and I am very stressed at the moment, theirs a lot going on. I'm worried because of infection and so on and because I can't see the dentist sooner. I know the doctor is there if it did get worse at any point, I'm just feeling a little panicked about it.

I only tried salt water once, so not sure if that helps, would have to use it again to see.