Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spot Near Tooth What Is It?

Re: Spot Near Tooth What Is It?

How are you doing now?

I noticed people tend to post here when they're in the middle of the panic but they don't follow up - followups are good in case someone from outside googles your thread - provides some reassurance. I hope you got to see your dentist and got it taken care of.

@BrightPhoenix Hi, sorry I've been dealing with a lot of other stuff too. I have an appointment on the 21st, this coming Tuesday. My dentist didn't have anything earlier, and I've been using salt water to help. I don't have any pain, all I have is a small pimple like spot beside my tooth, which seems to fill up less and less with pus as it did before. It was a few days ago, it filled up quite a bit and accidentally burst (thankfully I had a piece of clean tissue) and it bled a little. I rinsed my mouth right after that happened. Since then, it has produced less pus and is small and isn't bursting.

So, I may have to have the tooth removed or drained, I'm not sure. I was simply worrying about infection going to my brain or other parts of my body, becoming life threatening as I read on some of the sites talking about gum and tooth abcesses etc, which frightened and panicked me, still does quite a bit.

My dentist doesn't have anything sooner unfortunately, so I'm just taking care with hygiene, cleaning and not eating on that tooth for now. I don't know what else to do really. I'm still panicking a bit, and anxious about it.

Sorry for not writing an update, things have just been terribly tough with other things in my life too. Thanks for checking in though!

Update: I was at my dentist today, and he had a look at it, definitely thinks its an infection (I think he said the gums). He took an X-Ray too, and said that he wouldn't be doing an extraction/root canal (those were my two options he said, I opted for a tooth extraction), So I have an appointment to have it removed. Earliest app was Feb 16th, so I've a while to wait. That makes me really anxious. He gave me another prescription of antibiotics in case I need them.

I was so anxious and fussy today that I've forgotten most of what he said to me. He didn't seem too worried, but I'm still worried. I think, I think - he said that sometimes it just takes a bit longer to clear up, or something like that. He'd also be in touch about the X-Ray but everything should be fine he said.

He just said that he wasn't going to do the extraction today and to make an app to get it done, which is Feb 16th, which feels so far away. Should I be worrying this much? I had so much on my mind and really stressed I just didn't get to ask him all I wanted. He did the examination and all and had a look at it, and said it was basiclly those two options. Took X-Ray and then gave me antibiotic prescription and said to keep up the salt rinses too, as I said I was doing that too.

I'm just frustrated and anxious that I can't remember everything I said or he said. I know he looked at it and examined it but I'm just worried about the infection.

I rang this morning, and the receptionist said that she thought he went through the X Ray with me, but she said he will go through the X-Ray with me on the 16th Feb when I'm getting the extraction? Should I be worried? He's obviously gone through it already and knows. I'm confused...

No you shouldn’t be worried if he’s not.
    It’s good that he gave you more antibiotics, that should help to reassure you.
    It is a frustratingly long wait though, maybe it’s because of covid limitations? You could always try calling another dentist to see if they have similar wait times.

I think you’ll be fine though. Keep doing all that you’re doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Scass Yeah, the other dentists in my area are not accepting new patients at the moment, I think due to Covid, and my dentist is the only one that allows medical cards (it's like the NHS for free medical treatment), cause other than that it would cost a fortune in dentist stuff.

I'm not sure whether to start the antibiotics right away or to wait until I actually need them, or maybe their an extra dose to clear more of the infection. Maybe the first dose wasn't enough or something.

I'm keeping up my hygiene, the thing burst yesterday by accident, it wasn't a lot, and very clean with a little bit of blood. Theirs no pain whatsoever though. I just cleaned it, salt water. I think he said it may be the gum, but that's where the spot is anyway, right beside the tooth.

No discoloration or bad breath, its just a very clear light yellow pus, and sometimes its very little to none, just the raised 'bubble'. It only bleeds if its bursts.

I'm awful at panicking about stuff, usually from what I've read online, like I said before reading stuff like ''infection going to the brain''. That freaked me out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information