Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this piles?

Is this piles?

Hi,

I have a lot of health anxiety. I was actually having a slightly better day today. I had some stomach pain but I am due on my period in 5 days so put it down to that.

But then, I had some itchiness around my bottom. I scratched, and then i noticed blood. I wiped with toilet paper and there was a lot of bright red blood. Sorry for the detail, this is at the top of my bum crack. This doesnt seem to be coming from my actual bum / where I poo but further up. This is the second time I have had this amount of bright red blood. The first time was around 10 months ago. However, in between that I have noticed small amounts of bright red blood on the toilet paper (hadnt noticed it for the last few months so I thought it had fixed itself).

I am worried about STIs, anal cancer (I am high risk HPV positive), bowel cancer, etc. I am 25.

Is this due to scratching? and I should just forget about it?

On saturday I had 4 bowel movements in one day and I am often loose in the morning. I dont know how to keep my health anxiety under control. I am constantly convinced I am dying.

I am scared to go to the doctors, and I am also not near my surgery for the next month.

Re: Is this piles?

If you scratch it, it'll bleed. Cause and effect.

Thank you for the reply. I have had a closer look, and it looks like i have a red rash in the area almost. I have booked an appointment with the doctor for tomorrow. I am really scared about what this could be

Scratches. Because you scratched it. Seriously, nothing to be afraid of.

Im just really confused. I can see where the blood is coming from but there is no obvious fissure or pile. It looks more like a bleeding rash. Ive booked a doctors appointment tomorrow :( I get super anxious for appointments.

sorry I am unable to read this

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Scratches. Because you scratched it. Seriously, nothing to be afraid of.
    Do you think I caused the problem by scratching??? Or do you think I aggregated an issue that was already there??? As I say this is the 2nd time there has been a lot of blood. The first time I don’t remember scratching or any itchiness

I think you caused the problem. I have skin picking tendencies and I'm trying to break the habit of scratching this particular area. It bleeds really easily, especially once it's already irritated.

I really wouldn't be seeing the GP over this one.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I think you caused the problem. I have skin picking tendencies and I'm trying to break the habit of scratching this particular area. It bleeds really easily, especially once it's already irritated.

I really wouldn't be seeing the GP over this one.
    Thank you❤️ This made me feel a lot more relaxed. I am going to keep the appointment because of it being the 2nd time I’ve had blood (the first no scratching) and on and off spotting. But this has deffo reassured me I am hugely over thinking of it. Good luck with breaking the habit

Thanks! Try using E45 or vaseline on the area, too - it can help stop the irritation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information