Thread: Worried about heart inflammation after vaccine

Worried about heart inflammation after vaccine

My son is 14 and wants to have the vaccine, I am really worried about the incidents of heart inflammation in young male teens. Can anyone help to put my fears in perspective?

Re: Worried about heart inflammation after vaccine

Anyone?

I don't know anything more than what I have taken from the CDC (US Center for Disease Control) but there must be information on this from the UK -

The known risks of COVID-19 illness and its related, possibly severe complications, such as long-term health problems, hospitalization, and even death, far outweigh the potential risks of having a rare adverse reaction to vaccination, including the possible risk of myocarditis or pericarditis.
    Most patients with myocarditis or pericarditis who received care responded well to medicine and rest and felt better quickly.
    So it seems not only is it very rare, but the same as when the blot clot issue arose with AZ - if you get COVID you are far far more likely to have serious problems.

I've just looked up some more UK information and it says that some US studies found that the heart inflammation was found in 162 cases per million teenaged boys of this age, 82 percent of which were treated for it and the rest it wasn't severe enough to need treatment. It also says that nearly all cases were after the second vaccination and not at the first. So, it seems going ahead with a single shot is not an issue !? I would honestly suggest though, that rather than taking the word of my googling, you discuss this with your son's GP as they will have up to date advice and recommendations (and of course are medically trained which I am not LOL)

Your son wants the vaccine, hes doing the right thing in terms of choices for his health, and those around him, hes being moral, responsible AND not responding to anti-vaxx fears, conspiracy theories and the like. That is to be applauded - and in my opinion at 14 he is quite capable of making those decision for himself.
    Last edited by Carys; 06-12-21 at 16:08.

Incidentally, that heart inflammation/myocarditis thing can happen RARELY after any virus.

I'm not sure about 14 y/olds, but I was tested for myocarditis after I had covid. Luckily was ok. The doctor told me it was much more of a risk after covid itself than any vaccines.

Yes I agree. There was a big article in The Telegraph about heart inflammation after Covid too.

Your son has said he wants to be vaccinated but I remember how hard it was for you, Rainbow when you had the jabs so it won't be easy having him going through the same thing when you have misgivings. My son has a heart condition and has had 3 jabs with no problems. Getting covid would be a different matter though.

Thanks for the replies, my son still hasn’t had the vaccine but I am going to take him this week. I am so scared and I am having a lot of intrusive thoughts which terrify me.

My anxiety and depression are getting worse, I would stay in bed all day if I could. I am rarely out of bed before midday as it’s so hard fighting the paralysing fear that I feel every single morning from the minute I open my eyes.

All I can tell you is that my 14 yo nephew had it abd he was absolutely fine.

I find intrusive thoughts so difficult to manage, but they are a feeling not a fact. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has he had it now rainbow ?

Thread Information