Hi All,

I had a blood test back in July because I was suffering constipation and back pain and they wanted to rule out celiac disease.

When the results came back, the receptionist said I needed a phone consultation with the doctor because one of the results was "borderline". But when I got the appointment, the doctor had no concerns at all and the whole call was a bit pointless.

The constipation eased but I've still been suffering gut distress the last few months. I do suffer with IBS which I'm trying to convince myself it is but I poked around the test results myself and noticed that my Immunoglobulin A result was particularly elevated. It was 3.84 g/L when the normal parameters are 0.8-2.8.

Most of my other results are fine. The only other abnormal one was the CKD-EPI test which sat at 83 when the lowest recommended was 90.

Could the high IgA be a result of IBS? Is it worth contacting the doctor's all these months later for a clarification? I guess I'm just overly paranoid with the abdominal cramps and bouts of diarrhoea I've been having.