Sorry all this is a long one.

This is a heavily shortened version of what has happened.
Had a few years of anxiety that I have to presume has been a horrible working environment. I have a well paid and seemingly good job but have had some issues with very poor management. My old boss used to get me on calls with up to 10 other colleagues and call me all sorts of useless. After a few months I ended up taking 3 months off (I was in a really bad place for a while) I then moved department to work with someone I knew and trusted. This went okay but recently have been put at risk of redundancy with a knew high level management team put in place. My boss managed to keep his job but when I interviewed for a new job (managing small team with very slightly different technical responsibilities) I was told I was unsuitable and not a leader even though I have been doing that for a couple of decades. I have been offered another role but it is slightly lower grade but with same money and same T&Cs. I was okay with this until today.
Saw my boss and just wanted to say I was disappointed but would happily take the job. He was fine but he seemed very edgy and said that the reason I wasnt a leader was that all of the other candidates had contacted the new (higher management team) introduced themselves and reported what they were working on and what they had accomplished. I was a bit confused as to me surely the new management should really introduce themselves and we would discuss our work.
After a few hours thinking about this I spoke to my colleague that went for the job and got it and asked how he had presented his introduction to the new leaders. He didn't know what I was talking about and said he hadn't written anything or even spoken to the new leaders. I thought this a bit odd and asked another person who went for the job and he had not had any comms with he new leaders.

This has left me worried that my boss is lying to me and that I cant trust him. If have to accept the new job by 10:00 AM 10/12/21 or take redundancy. The redundancy will keep me afloat for 8 months. If I stay I am not sure I can trust them not to engineer me being fired.

My concern is I have a relapse again and am not fit to find work.