Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety when someone goes away.

Anxiety when someone goes away.

Does anyone else get an increase in anxiety when someone goes away? It’s worse when they are further away, or when they are away for a long time?
    In this instance it’s the only person in the house I find any comfort in? What do you do about it?

Re: Anxiety when someone goes away.

This situation has reared it’s head again, with the people going away now for 3 days. I don’t know how to get over it. The 3 days of constant anxiety I have in store set me back every time, and I don’t know what to do about it.

So what feelings are going through your head when you are on your own in the house? Feelings which you only have when you are alone?

It’s really strange, it’s like I feel exposed. I’m constantly aware of how far away they are, and the fact they aren’t here. If they were 20 minutes down the road, it wouldn’t bother me being on my own, I spend an awful lot of time on my own.
    It’s not even like I’ve ever avoided this situation, I sit and tolerate it every time, but it’s still continues to be a huge issue. Constant anxiety, I can’t sleep, and struggle to eat, every time they are far away.

Do you worry in case something untoward might happen to them during their time away, or do you worry that something untoward might happen to you whilst you're home alone, or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Do you worry in case something untoward might happen to them during their time away, or do you worry that something untoward might happen to you whilst you're home alone, or both?
    I have absolutely no idea. The thoughts aren’t that clear, its just ‘oh sh1t, they are away’, accompanied by enormous amounts of anxiety. I honestly don’t get it.

Anxiety focusing on what though? A general feeling of being unsafe/"untethered"? No on site reassurance should you need it/ "just in case"?

Quote Originally Posted by PHR View Post
    It’s really strange, it’s like I feel exposed. I’m constantly aware of how far away they are, and the fact they aren’t here. If they were 20 minutes down the road, it wouldn’t bother me being on my own, I spend an awful lot of time on my own.
    It’s not even like I’ve ever avoided this situation, I sit and tolerate it every time, but it’s still continues to be a huge issue. Constant anxiety, I can’t sleep, and struggle to eat, every time they are far away.
    "Tolerate", "Huge", "Constant", "Struggle"...All very emotive, negative words. You are almost setting yourself up for "disaster". What would "disaster" mean to you? What is your worst case scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Anxiety focusing on what though? A general feeling of being unsafe/"untethered"? No on site reassurance should you need it/ "just in case"?
    I honestly don’t know, it just flares up every time.
    The longevity of it always sets me back too.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    "Tolerate", "Huge", "Constant", "Struggle"...All very emotive, negative words. You are almost setting yourself up for "disaster". What would "disaster" mean to you? What is your worst case scenario?
    I don’t know really, it’s not like I get any comfort from them or that they even help me when I’m struggling.

Well yeah, because I’m describing what it’s like… I’m trying to be a lot lighter than that with myself.

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information