Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety when someone goes away.

Re: Anxiety when someone goes away.

Same again this weekend. I’m sure they do it on purpose. Think there has been 1 weekend in the last 10 or so where people have been about.

They are entitled to do what they want, Phil and maybe they need to get away? You aren't being forced to go with them and they always come back.

What are you going to do with yourself over the weekend?

Yeah, I know. It’s just wearing me out, and it’s brought an end to all the progress I was making, with some big backwards steps lately.
    It’s every weekend with one thing or another, and for some reason my anxiety response just isn’t adapting to it. Think it might be the contrast from restrictions, and me being so used to having everyone constantly around for so long. If that makes sense.

I have a few things planned, but I know what’s actually coming, so it’s just daunting. I know I’ll get through it, but the relentlessness of it feels like it’s seriously damaging me.

There is a decent weekend of football, and I have loads of work to do, so there is plenty to keep busy with.

How are you?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    They are entitled to do what they want, Phil and maybe they need to get away? You aren't being forced to go with them and they always come back.

What are you going to do with yourself over the weekend?
    Exactly Pulisa.

They have been cooped up for the best part of the past 2 years owing to the pandemic and its attendant restrictions and are no doubt desperate to start living life again.

I am the very same (suffering from post-pandemic blues ATM), but as you know there's another great restriction in my family; my mom who has dementia.

But on the other hand I often feel a bit on edge myself when out and about of late, feeling compelled to have my wits about me at all times, hypervigilant towards certain 'hazards', fear witnessing confrontations, etc, especially with many people who may feel the urge to release their pent-up rage over the past 2 years, though thankfully I don't visit any particularly high-risk locations ATM where I'm most likely to encounter such things.

I know they are entitled to do what they like, that’s why I never ever mention to them the effect it has on me. I don’t want to burden them with my issues.
    It’s more about me wishing, or finding a way to make myself stop reacting like I do.

I do this every weekend in one form or another, and would like to think my reaction to it would have lessened a little by now.

Maybe it's because you're getting yourself keyed up in advance for panic?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Maybe it's because you're getting yourself keyed up in advance for panic?
    I think this is it. I think I’ve had a couple of very bad experiences, and it’s just become ‘a thing’.
    I’ve surprised myself a couple of times, where I’ve done well, so I keep trying to remind myself of that, to at least throw some doubt into the expected doom and gloom.

What is it that you actually fear if you are on your own?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    What is it that you actually fear if you are on your own?
    I honestly don’t know, I just have panic attack after panic attack. Having one now.

Ended up handling it brilliantly last weekend. Same scenario this weekend, and panic is ripping through me again. I honestly don’t get it!
    It’s awfully illogical isn’t it.

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information