Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety when someone goes away.

Re: Anxiety when someone goes away.

I suppose it's just the knowing that someone is there actually in the same space as you? Maybe you could re evaluate mentally the significance of them being there? It sounds as though they aren't there for you emotionally so what purpose do they serve in terms of managing your anxiety?

I think so. There must be an element of me feeling safer when they are around, a bit of backup I suppose. It’s rough going though.

You don't get any emotional backup though?

Do you feel more susceptible to intrusive thoughts if there's no one around..Just you and your thoughts? No distractions?

Have you made a plan for what you are going to do today?

No, I’m saying that I know it logically doesn’t make sense.

Not really, I just get an increase in anxiety symptoms. I’m anxious all the time anyway, so it could just be something (anything) else for it to land on I suppose.

Kind of, I have work to do, but I’m struggling to focus on that, I have to do my horse racing bets and enter my tipping competition, and then Villa are live on tele tonight, so that might prove helpful.

That's a bonus. There's another Boris party pic doing the rounds so if you need some entertainment this afternoon....

I know how hard it is to focus on anything. Where have they gone this time?

Yeah, Dominic Cummings has just tweeted that there are far worse doing the rounds that will come out, so that might be interesting.

I have a horrible project in front of me too, so it’s particularly hard to get my head in to. I’ve just eaten though, so that’s something. They have gone to Cardiff to watch the Rocky Horror Show.

I haven't seen that in years. Was always such a tremendously good time, though - I last went for my 22nd birthday in Newcastle, I thought I didn't have any friends at uni and then a bunch of people showed up and giftbombed me outside the classroom that morning.

...Nearly 23 years ago. Blargh.

I was in the engineering department, so my uni was basically a boys club… There were only 2 ladies across the entire department. That must have been a bit of a surprise then! Did you enjoy uni? I’ve heard the show is a bit mad isn’t it? I’ve never seen it!

Honestly, it's incredibly vanilla and only really sheltered people think it's in the least bit transgressive. I was a very sheltered kid, though, so it felt naughty at the time and I still have very fond memories of it.

Ah right, be interesting to see what they will make of it then!

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information