Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety when someone goes away.

Re: Anxiety when someone goes away.

I think this would be a very good idea. They have been prescribed for you to help you. 2 mg is a very small dose to help counteract the start up side effects of escitalopram again.

I just have this irrational fear of everything when I let my anxiety get this bad.

In my opinion your anxiety is not as severe as you think. I won't say anything more but from what I am reading you are able to function, go to work and look after your children and that is a good thing in terms of severity. You are fearful of "losing control" and letting people see how terrified you are of just being alive and "on show"? You are overwhelmed by panicky thoughts and fears. Fears are not facts. Fears are conjured up by anxiety and you do have the power to accept the anxious thoughts but also you have the power to let them pass without causing any harm to you or to others..

My advice would be to try to lessen your reliance on your wife. You can cope without her being at home. You've proved it. The weekend yawns ahead for you, I presume? Make a plan to keep busy? Can you meet up with other families? What would your children choose to do?

I know what you might be thinking, I'm maybe here seeking attention as I've managed to work, look after my kids etc but trust me I've been struggling for a couple of weeks.

And yes, at times my anxiety has been crippling to the point of not leaving the house and it impacting work in the past.

I've got plans for the weekend to help fill the time and keep me busy, I only ever post here when I need reassurance and this forum has always been a good help in my wobbly times.

No I certainly don't think you're attention-seeking. I think you have felt terrified and panicky round the clock for a short period of time. It will seem like ages for you of course. I do think that the diazepam will help you. I do know what constant agitation feels like and I have had 2 spells in hospital (NHS). I'm a mum to 2 adult autistics who both have complex MH issues so am constantly under pressure to "perform" as they both rely on me and live at home. I have a lot of issues myself anxiety-wise..but I've survived and so will you.

This is "just" a wobbly time for you, Colin.I'm on escitalopram too and tolerate it well. Just 5mg though as I have a low bodyweight. Get yourself back on it and then consider having some therapy? You'll be fine over the weekend..although anticipating it will be worse than the actuality once it's here. You may surprise yourself with how well you do..but do take diazepam if you feel you are struggling?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    No I certainly don't think you're attention-seeking. I think you have felt terrified and panicky round the clock for a short period of time. It will seem like ages for you of course. I do think that the diazepam will help you. I do know what constant agitation feels like and I have had 2 spells in hospital (NHS). I'm a mum to 2 adult autistics who both have complex MH issues so am constantly under pressure to "perform" as they both rely on me and live at home. I have a lot of issues myself anxiety-wise..but I've survived and so will you.

This is "just" a wobbly time for you, Colin.I'm on escitalopram too and tolerate it well. Just 5mg though as I have a low bodyweight. Get yourself back on it and then consider having some therapy? You'll be fine over the weekend..although anticipating it will be worse than the actuality once it's here. You may surprise yourself with how well you do..but do take diazepam if you feel you are struggling?
    Sorry to hear about your situation. That must be pretty tough and here's me bleating on like an idiot.

I keep telling myself I'm stupid and there are people in much worse situations but when I let myself slide so bad I forget all the ways to cope.

Sorry PHR, I've hi-jacked your thread but it was just too close to my situation right now as I've came back on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin44 View Post
    Sorry PHR, I've hi-jacked your thread but it was just too close to my situation right now as I've came back on the forum.
    Absolutely no worries.
    That’s what it’s here for mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin44 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your situation. That must be pretty tough and here's me bleating on like an idiot.

I keep telling myself I'm stupid and there are people in much worse situations but when I let myself slide so bad I forget all the ways to cope.
    No you're certainly NOT stupid and everything's relative in term of mental suffering. I just didn't want you to think that I hadn't got a clue about how distressing agitation around the clock can be. You've had a blip so you need to take a bit of control back and use some of your strategies to feel on top of things again. You are not "sinking fast". You are taking steps to gain power and confidence again. You can do this but you can't keep feeding yourself negative thoughts?

I have my sister in law coming over later, she is an NHS nurse and is going to sit with me for a while so I can take a diazepam. I have exhausted myself trying to just get on with it but I need some physical and mental rest.

Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information