Thread: 🚨 Panicking! Lump on neck

🚨 Panicking! Lump on neck

Hi there. About three years ago I found a raised lump on the side of my lower neck that turned out to be an enlarged lymph node (had ultrasound, blood test etc). It went down naturally.

This time it’s back again, but perhaps a bit smaller. I found it this morning and have been panicking since. Due to severe health anxiety I don’t really want to go back to the doctor.

Can anyone help rationalise this for me? I’m a 30 year old male, fit and healthy (physically at least!).

Is it likely to be that same harmless raised lymph node again, or something worse?

I’d appreciate any reassurance.

Thanks

Re: 🚨 Panicking! Lump on neck

Hi, I hope you’re well

I have three raised lymph nodes on one side of my neck and two on the other, I’ve had them for years and they’ve never bothered me, I’ve seen doctors and they’re not concerned I even had a scan and they said I have lots of raised lymph nodes but they’re all benign and most likely have stayed raised from a previous infection.

All the best to you!

I have several raised lymphed noded on the left side of the neck. Different sizes. They don't hurt and are here for at least 1-2 years, probably more.

It really doesn't mean anything.

My partner found a lump in his neck about 4 years ago. We were so worried at the time but turned out to be a calcified lymph node and totally harmless. It’s still there and still the same. Just go to your GP for peace of mind. They’ll tell you it’s nothing to worry about and you can stop worrying. It’ll be worth going back 🙂

Thread Information