Thread: Worried about stomach cancer

Worried about stomach cancer

I've posted several times, I do have gastro / liver fears from years ago, but at the beginning of this year was diagnosed H Pylori positive after a stool test, did the combined treatment, and was started on Omeprazole by GP.

I am overweight, an apple shape, so always had a rounded belly. Hopeless at losing weight - start but have no will power or staying power.

I am now in around my 5th week of feeling very nauseous and being more bloated around the bra strap level below the boobs - to the point this week I have bought vests, couldn't bear to wear a bra. Belching (not unusual) but a little more frequently, and passing more wind. But what has really got me is the nausea. Its been really prolonged, most days. I have felt weird, like my entire belly has been a bit fluttery, particularly when moving. Despite getting rid of bra, I still feel like I have a tight strap around my chest under boobs, strange feeling around that full area. Bowels are fine. Diet hasn't changed. Still taking omeprazole. No pain, although if I press my stomach it feels a tad tender, and it always feels like I have something tight on my upper tummy when I don't.

At the weekend the bloating was huge - I could the top of my belly protuding when standing, driving, sitting. Not normal presentation. I was really worried about it but it did disappear the next day.

The only thing that relates to onset was I was out for lunch with friends beginning November - 2 of us had a prawn open sandwich. I remember asking at the time if the prawns tasted funny to my friend, she said they were fine. The nausea started the next day, but I have had NO vomiting or diarrhoea, I have spoken to her and she has been fine, so I tend to think it is just a coincidence.

So I am convinced I must have stomach cancer - or ovarian, bloating fits with that, I am post menopause, never had a child. I also worry myself silly about things so know I have HA, but have been treated badly by a couple of GPs which puts me off going to see them, but have tried ringing to be told no appointments ring tomorrow, and of course now there won't be anything until after Christmas, or the New year.

Has anybody had the same? I am hoping it is nothing more than my anxiety but it has never manifested this way before. Thank you

Re: Worried about stomach cancer

Anybody??
    I am really struggling with this - to the point I can barely eat......feel full and nauseous straight after, I've had 3 snack meals in 3 days, I can go for hours without feeling hungry, feel less nauseous, get something to eat and it starts all over again.

I think it could be gastritis. Has anybody had this that they can relate to? When I had the positive HP test early this year the GP said he thought I had a "touch of gastritis" and started me on omeprazole.

I had exactly this and it turned out to be reflux, mostly caused by my anxiety and eating terribly because I was so anxious.
    I did have an endoscopy too, and it was still the same result.
    Omeprazole didn’t really help me - I don’t think. I found gaviscon much better.

You might also be hungry so that’s another reason it’s hurting - it has done that for me before.

Eat, then take your bra off! But seriously, I suffered with it for months, but it did go. It comes back sometimes if I eat something really fatty or if I’m very stressed.

Try eating little and often, cutting out dairy and spicy foods for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for your response.

I had a better day yesterday, slept a lot and didn't eat much til teatime when I had some chicken. But today I had a satsuma, about 15 mins later began feeling nauseous, had a lie down and it subsided, but was ravenous so had some cheese on wholegrain toast, literally as soon as I finished the nausea was full ramp, with some pains in the left side of my chest, alongside the gullet, not heart area. Lasted around 45 mins, now just wearing off.

I am taking my Omeprazole, don't eat spice anyway, not drinking alcohol, which I do like a glass of wine, but haven't drank any for a few weeks, don't eat a lot of fat - in fact the only fat is butter but haven't had any of that for days but will quit that and cheese for a few days to see if it helps.

I am feeling worse than ever, my head is fuzzy in a stressed way.

Thread Information