Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

Re: Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

Thank you. I’m mush calmer this time as I’m hoping for the same outcome, but as you know, with health anxiety you can never completely quiet that “what if” voice in your head!
    Yes, a colposcopy. That’s what I was referred for last time too, so at least I know what to expect this time!

I get lots if lower back pain too, and I know for sure that I also get psychological symptoms when I’m anxious about something too! I know there are in my head because they go away when I get the all clear, so bear in mind that it could be the same for you. Never underestimate the power of your mind to play tricks on you!

The fact that it’s a long wait for you means they don’t think it’s anything of concern as they can do a 2 week referral if they think they need to.

I’ll let you know how I get on. Xxx

Hi all,
    I had my gynaecology appointment today. When I went in he asked what’s been going on and said he wasn’t sure why my GP had sent me down this route (assuming he meant the 2 week referral instead of the 8 week). Then he said it’s likely ectropion again and he wouldn’t treat it if I didn’t want unless it started to bother me.
    Then he examined me and said it was “a fair impressive ectropion” and he would treat it anyway. He said he would also take a biopsy just to be 100% sure, but he didn’t send it via the urgent route as he wasn’t worried.
    He treated it by freezing it and said it work 80% of the time.
    He didn’t seem worried at all, so I’m taking that as a positive! Just praying the biopsy comes back clear! He said he was just doing it as a precaution. Xxx

Glad your appointment went ok Linzie16! Sounds like he is pretty confident and at least you will have the peace of mind that you have been 100% checked when you get the results back. Did they let you know how long it would take for your results to come back? Was the treatment painful at all?

Just trying to find out some info in case my case also takes me down this route... xx

Thank you, yeah I’m praying so!

He said a few weeks. He said they can do it quicker but he’s not sending it that route as he’s not worried. I had a breast biopsy last year that only took a week, that was benign.

Will keep you posted xxxx

Oh, and no, it wasn’t painful. I didn’t even really feel the biopsy which he did before the treatment. Xxx

Good I'm glad it wasn't painful for you. My anxiety is up and down atm, some days I feel I'm doing ok and then the next it spikes back up again.

I keep debating between letting things run their course and going private to get this done sooner. I know it would probably cost a lot though and it most likely would be a waste of money, especially as I need to try and challenge my anxiety rather than give in to it.

I just keep thinking what if something is wrong and I don't find out for another 2 months, it's stressing me out so much! Hope you are doing ok. Xx

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information