Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

Guys, I need some advice!
    Since august I’ve had x3 occasions where I’ve had light spotting the day after sex, always mixed with clear discharge.
    It doesn’t happen every time we have sex, infact, each time it’s happened has been approx 6 weeks apart.
    Now I’m freaking out cos it’s been 4 months and I havnt seen a GP about it! I guess because the gaps have been so big, I keep thinking/hoping it was friction/mid cycle spotting etc and brushing it off, promising myself I’ll see a GP if it happens again.

But It’s been 4 weeks since we last had sex cos I’m too scared (although didn’t bleed that time) So I’m not getting any answers, and I’m panicking that I’ve left it too long, and I may have a cancer that is growing and spreading because I didn’t act back in august when I first noticed this!

But now it’s the week before Xmas and I’m torn about whether to leave this until after Xmas to deal with? I just want to bury my head in the sand and enjoy Xmas, but I’m scared that I’ve already left this too long.

I just need some advice guys. Would you try to see a GP ASAP about this, or leave it til after Xmas?

My mind is so fried I just can’t thing logically enough to make a decision!

My last smear was March 2019 and was all clear. Next one due in 3 months!

Re: Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

I have bleeding after sex too - have had it for ages. It's a cervical ectropion (sometimes call an erosion) - really common and totally harmless (I had a smear and a colposcopy just to make sure all was fine). It's more likely that you have that than anything else. Either way, I'd say get it looked at asap - in the very unlikely case that it is something, it's best to get it sorted quickly (and seeing as you had a normal smear, it likely would be very easily treated). In the WAY more likely event that it's nothing to worry about, it will put your kind at rest

Thank you so much for replying.
    I’ve still not been to my GP about this. School holidays, Christmas, bank holidays etc are all making it difficult.

We had sex on 19th dec and no bleeding afterwards though.

But now I have a new symptom 😩
    Since Xmas night, I’ve been bleeding very lightly (just when I wipe. Red or watery pink blood) my period was due on 29th so I though maybe it was coming early, but nope! Just a constant light bleed for 5 days until my period finally arrived in all its full glory today!

Now I’m freaking out! I don’t know if this light bleed was some weird menstrual thing, or associated with the bleeding after sex.
    And now I’m on my period there is no point in trying to see a GP cos they wouldn’t be able to examine my cervix.

I’m so afraid. And I don’t know what to do!
    It doesn’t help that our GPonly offer same day appointments and you have to ring at 8am each morning….and by 8:02am they’re all gone! Plus at 8am each day I’m always busy with the school run so cannot call them then.

Sorry for blabbering. I just feel so lost.

I’m sorry I can’t be of much help but I’m going through something similar not much bleeding after sex as such but I’m on cd21 and yesterday when I wiped I had ewcm tinged with a bit of pink not a lot but still I could see and the same this morning .
    If it helps you in anyway I had some bleeding fresh red blood not even mixed with ewcm last year and spoke to my gp and she said if it’s a one off here and there then it’s not something they worried about especially if it’s few days before your period is due but she did say if it carries on and is consistent then they would need to investigate it, the main point I took from here is consistancy so now what I will do with the pink tinged ewcm is wait for next cycle of it’s the same then will contact them. If you not already keeping a diary then do so and see the pattern, and maybe arrange to see gp after new year.

Thanks for replying Sunshine.
    How long did your bleeding last when you had it last year?
    My light bleeding was EVERY DAY for 5 days until my period arrived on day 6.

I’m so scared. Combined with the bleeding after sex, I can only foresee one outcome 😩😢😢😢

Hi limeslime.. it lasted for 2 days and then never happened until this pink ewcm.
    The thing is there might be 101 normal reasons for this but as health anxiety sufferers we only think of the worst outcome, when ever I get a symptom I think this is it it’s happening to me it’s something sinister if it can happen to others why not me.
    I would advise you to book in with your gp they can assess this situation and tell you what the next steps will be.
    Our bodies are very complicated and sometimes does some weird and wonderful stuff for no reason .
    My sister who’s post menopausal and started bleeding and even that turned out to be nothing sinister.
    So book yourself in with your gp and they’ll be able to put your mind at rest ..

UPDATE
    So I bled from Xmas day until 4th January (10 days)
    4 days of which was a typical period (30th dec - 2nd Jan) the rest was spotting/light bleeding.
    I don’t know if this was just a messed up, weird period. I have had a chest infection at the same time. 🤷*♀️

But anyway, I tried to make an appointment to get this checked but my GP practice are at “crisis point” (their words) cos of staff shortages due to covid, and are not seeing non-urgent patients right now.

I’m at a loss. What can I do?!?! I need this checked cos I’m spiralling!

Hi limeslime, I am sorry you feel this way can you maybe ring 111 and see what they advise.

I am going through the same as you 6 days of occasional pink mixed with ewcm and once even brown clumpy discharge and today when I went to the bathroom and wiped I had full on bright pink bleeding lots of it and second time round the same but mixed with discharge.

I tried calling my gp as well but can’t get through to them. In all honesty as something like this has never happened to me before even I am a bit anxious. However I’m sure we’re not alone this has happened to and hopefully we will both get some answers.

What have you do please don’t fall down this rabbit hole it’s very easy to do so.

Hi Sunshine. I hope you’re holding out ok.
    Could your bleeding be associated with your cycle in any way?
    I’m 37, so wondering if this could be hormonal for me. I’m also wondering if I should do a pregnancy test incase I’ve had a chemical or ectopic pregnancy going on.
    I think I’m just trying desperately to think of anything that’s not cancer though!
    Please let me know what your GP says if you manage to get through, cos it looks like it could be a couple of weeks til I can speak to mine. It’s just so long for my mind to be overthinking and over catastrophising things!

Hi limeslime, I have no idea if it is linked to my periods or not I’ve never had bleeding that’s not a period for so long it’s so strange.
    Just try and be positive I understand that niggling thought Is always there But don’t let the dragon beat you.
    The positive for now is that you’ve stopped bleeding so that’s good.
    I’m going to do a pregnancy test as well just incase as my gp will ask me that.
    Also I’ve just turned 39 myself and Honeslty and periods did become all weird on me since I was 36 but just never spotting like this.
    Tried calling my gp but they not doing any routine appointments so she put me on a cancellation list but have had no phone call, so I will try and contact tomorrow and see if I can get on the day appointment. Will let you know what she my gp says.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information