Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

Re: Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

Ca125 can pick up other malignancies like breast, bowel etc, hence why they keep monitoring it if it doesn’t return to a normal range. If it continues to rise they’ll send me for a CT scan.
    But I just received my copy of the letter that the consultant sent to my GP. It states that my ultrasound was suggestive of either adenomyosis or a small fibroid (they didn’t tell me this at the time). But I know both of those conditions can cause raised ca125, so that has calmed me down a bit.

Oh ok! I didn’t know that! I’ve never had the ca125 test, but I have Adenomyosis!! They found it when I had a pelvic scan for constant pelvic pain on my left side! Xxx

This is a helpful website. https://m.adenomyosisadviceassociati...l#default.html

Ah thank you Linze! I don’t know if it’s adenomyosis or a fibroid…the scan couldn’t differentiate. But I don’t have pain (except once during my most recent period…I was in agony, but generally I don’t get pain!) just lots of weird bleeding, so I’m not sure if it might be more likely to be a fibroid?!
    The letter said they didn’t feel it necessary to investigate and treat at this time, because my periods are tolerable and pain free. So I’m kinda left wondering! Atleast they ruled out anything sinister though, so I can live with it. I’m curious to know though!

Hi limeslime hope you doing well ? Fibroids do raise ca125 level and even being on your period that’s why they say the ca125 test is not very reliable in pre menopausal women as it can fluctuate. Maybe have a word with your gp and ask wether the issues that have been raised in your scan can caused raised ca125 as I know fibroids definitely does. Or who knows, these levels might just be what’s normal for your body. My FBC blood tests always come out satisfactory never never normal I know it means it’s near to normal but my gp
    Said these levels are normal for my Body and unfortunately they don’t fall in normal range but it doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with me as such.The main thing is you’ve had investigations and besides the two cases raised everything else was normal to the point they didn’t even need a biopsy. This is the issue with us HA sufferers we always need answer as to why this has happened and in all honesty I’m the same as you until I don’t get a answer that satisfies my brain I will keep on wondering.Hopefully your gp might be able to shed more light in to this x

Hi ladies,
    Just checking in to see how you all are? I’m currently ok and managing my anxiety well. I’m having grief counselling and waiting for a CBT referral. But I’ve been eating well and running everyday, so that’s having a positive impact!
    I’m doing 100k throughout March, to ride money for Breast Cancer Now, so that’s giving me something to focus on.

I hope you’re all well.

Take care xxx

Hi just wondered how you are now did you find out what was going on .

Hi Linze and Hopefull. I’m so sorry, I’ve only just seen your messages!
    Linze you sound like you’re back on track and handling things amazingly! I’m so proud of you!
    I’m still in limbo unfortunately. My scans were all clear back in January but my CA-125 has risen again. It’s supposed to be under 35, but it was 56 at the beginning of January, and 88 at my next blood test at the end of January. I’m getting it rechecked in 2 days but feeling very frightened.
    I also went to the gp today to get some indentations checked out on the side of my breast which I was hoping was just where the skin was pulling/stretching when I lift my arm. The GP told me she thinks it’s fine, but to come back in 6 weeks to check there has been no further changes. Fair enough….except the receptionist rang me about an hour after my appointment to book that follow up. This has really shook me up, because now I’m thinking the doctor must be doubting herself if she is chasing me up to book my follow-up in!
    Is that normal?! I’ve never had that happen before, I usually just book my own nearer the time!
    So yeah….I’m struggling a bit right now,
    How’s everyone else?

Hi all, I’m glad you doing well linzie16 and all the best for the 100k and for your CBT sessions

At limeslime when I need to do a follow up with my gp ,normally the gp books it’s there and then for me she doesn’t even wait for the the receptionist to contact me or sometimes if I’m waiting say blood test results etc she tells me to book in straight after and sends me a text to remind me .If the gp doubted it even a bit that it was something more sinister I don’t think they would wait around for 6 weeks. Sometimes hormonal changes change the way our breast look and feel that’s probably why she wants to wait 6 weeks for, she probably has seen it all before, it’s like my husband always says to me that although I think I'm the only one in the world with what ever issue I’ve got at the time I'm not and doctors see things like this daily and know when to do what when, but I understand your concern and your anxiety and more so it’s the worry over the ca125 and you can’t help but link it all together. Has the doctors said what possibly it can be that’s triggering the high levels ?

As for me I’ve realised the spotting is happening around my ovulation, in January cycle
    it carried on until period which was just brown stuff in feb I had a 25 day cycle and had one of spotting on cd 11 which meant on ovulation day and then nothing more until period came which was normal and now for March cycle had slight brown discharge on ovulation day and then light smudge here and there before period started on cycle day 24 and not got more brown discharge cycle day 28 so period started but it’s all
    Brown stuff light and spotting none of the red flow and I’m on day 2 far so no idea what’s happening but I am swaying more near it’s hormonal as it’s only happening in second half of cycle which Might indicate low progesterone possibly (I’m trying to think sane) can’t keep up with all The bodily issues and symtptoms

Sunshine, is you’re doctor still refusing to send you for a scan? There are so many causes of abnormal uterine bleeding, and there are clinics you can be referred to for investigations. (I’m not talking about 2ww either) It seems unfair that you are being left to try to self diagnose. I think you should ask for a referal so you can put your mind at ease.
    I’ve had no more abnormal bleeding since I had all my scans done in January, although I don’t believe I’ve ovulated this month, so reckon I’m in for another long cycle.

Hi limeslime it’s so good you’ve not had any more bleeding that’s brilliant news.
    My gp said she wanted to see if anything happened in February and it was a normal month and a normal period so not contacted her and this month I had a bit of brownish discharge at ovulation and then just a very very light period like left over blood, so I’m going to wait for next month see what’s occurring and then going to contact her and insist something gets done but because early menopause runs in my family she feels things are swaying that way she offered me blood tests but they were fine but we all know how reliable They can be when it comes to hormones. I have started following an early perimenopause page on Facebook and I’m actually ticking a lot of boxes such as insomnia and joint pain and I feel my my moods and anxiety are only in check because of the anti depressants I’m on. I’m making notes of all my cycles since January and going to go with them that is if they seeing patients initially face To face 🙈

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread Information