Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

Re: Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

Can I ask your age? Iím 38 and have been getting joint pain, irregular bleeding and changeable moods too. I never really considered early menopauseÖ.I donít really know too much about the symptoms either. My gynae consultant at my 2ww appointment did say that my kind of bleeding is often hormonal, and yet I still never thought menopause.
    My mum says a lot of the women in our family started pre-menopause in their early 40s 🤷*♀️.
    Anyway, it sounds like you have a plan, and it sounds very sensible. Sometimes with HA, itís hard to know if our choices are rational, so I just wanna reassure you on that!

Thank you limeslime you are so right Itís so hard for us to differentiate our thoughts.
    Iím 39, going to the big 40 end of year, my sister was over and done with it all by 40 and my mum aunties and grandma in early 40s, I do recall my mums taking HRT as well. When my sister was diagnosed with early menopause she was asked by her gp do you have younger sisters if so if they planning to start a family I would suggest they do so as early menopause does run in families and this is why I thought maybe just maybe Iím heading that way, and my gp also thinks itís hormonal so Iím
    Just going to track them make notes and then go back

Oh wow, thatís all really interesting and definitely given me something to consider for myself! My period is due on Friday, but I had no ovulation symptoms this month, so I think this might be another long cycle for meÖI guess weíll see.

So yesterday was my cycle day 11 and I again I had some of the pinkish discharge, so I called gp today so I told her whatís been happening since I last spoke to her.

To be honest if felt like she wasnít paying much attention or she was just confused with me having tracking this for 3 months now, any how she said have you had a abdominal scan by that I think she meant pelvic and I told her you said no to me as I already had one in 2019.

I also told her that judging by my pattern Iím experiencing this more in my Last 2 weeks of period around ovulation and that it was strange that I had an all most non existent period last month. So she said because Iím getting inter menstrual bleeding that a scan should be able to tell us whatís going on (at this point all my sanity went out of the window and I started questioning the usual HA doubts why is she saying something is going on ? because up until our last conversation she was saying it might be hormonal)

She did say that hormone blood tests are only used as guidelines so even they came back normal we canít rule out perimenopause.

She then asked me how I am generally feeling and at that point I said Iím ok which I am (besides some upper abdominal trouble due to my ibs and now I think I should have mentioned that to her what if it was something important ) and howís i said Iím fine but have trouble falling asleep so she said to try nytol.

At the end of the call I asked do you think itís hormonal and she said yes it sounds like it but if it worryís you if itís starts happening again more contacts us and that she doesnít have an idea how long the waiting queue is for the scan.

To he honest I felt she wasnít as reassuring as usual or more like she couldnít be bothered maybe Iím overthinking it. Itís like my sister said that although this is new and worrying for me lots of women have symptoms more worst than what Iím experiencing so to the gp this is an minor thing.

So anyway Iím not really scared thinking what if it is a polyp,cyst, thick lining etc basically everything that leads to reproductive cancer. Iím just more confused atm 😭

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information