Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

Re: Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

Can I ask your age? I’m 38 and have been getting joint pain, irregular bleeding and changeable moods too. I never really considered early menopause….I don’t really know too much about the symptoms either. My gynae consultant at my 2ww appointment did say that my kind of bleeding is often hormonal, and yet I still never thought menopause.
    My mum says a lot of the women in our family started pre-menopause in their early 40s 🤷*♀️.
    Anyway, it sounds like you have a plan, and it sounds very sensible. Sometimes with HA, it’s hard to know if our choices are rational, so I just wanna reassure you on that!

Thank you limeslime you are so right It’s so hard for us to differentiate our thoughts.
    I’m 39, going to the big 40 end of year, my sister was over and done with it all by 40 and my mum aunties and grandma in early 40s, I do recall my mums taking HRT as well. When my sister was diagnosed with early menopause she was asked by her gp do you have younger sisters if so if they planning to start a family I would suggest they do so as early menopause does run in families and this is why I thought maybe just maybe I’m heading that way, and my gp also thinks it’s hormonal so I’m
    Just going to track them make notes and then go back

Oh wow, that’s all really interesting and definitely given me something to consider for myself! My period is due on Friday, but I had no ovulation symptoms this month, so I think this might be another long cycle for me…I guess we’ll see.

So yesterday was my cycle day 11 and I again I had some of the pinkish discharge, so I called gp today so I told her what’s been happening since I last spoke to her.

To be honest if felt like she wasn’t paying much attention or she was just confused with me having tracking this for 3 months now, any how she said have you had a abdominal scan by that I think she meant pelvic and I told her you said no to me as I already had one in 2019.

I also told her that judging by my pattern I’m experiencing this more in my Last 2 weeks of period around ovulation and that it was strange that I had an all most non existent period last month. So she said because I’m getting inter menstrual bleeding that a scan should be able to tell us what’s going on (at this point all my sanity went out of the window and I started questioning the usual HA doubts why is she saying something is going on ? because up until our last conversation she was saying it might be hormonal)

She did say that hormone blood tests are only used as guidelines so even they came back normal we can’t rule out perimenopause.

She then asked me how I am generally feeling and at that point I said I’m ok which I am (besides some upper abdominal trouble due to my ibs and now I think I should have mentioned that to her what if it was something important ) and how’s i said I’m fine but have trouble falling asleep so she said to try nytol.

At the end of the call I asked do you think it’s hormonal and she said yes it sounds like it but if it worry’s you if it’s starts happening again more contacts us and that she doesn’t have an idea how long the waiting queue is for the scan.

To he honest I felt she wasn’t as reassuring as usual or more like she couldn’t be bothered maybe I’m overthinking it. It’s like my sister said that although this is new and worrying for me lots of women have symptoms more worst than what I’m experiencing so to the gp this is an minor thing.

So anyway I’m not really scared thinking what if it is a polyp,cyst, thick lining etc basically everything that leads to reproductive cancer. I’m just more confused atm 😭

Hello Limeslime and Sunshinegirl82!!

How are you both now??
    I’ve been fine all year, and then last month I had some spotting after sex again, so back the GP, same lady who scared me last time, and she’s referred me down the 2ww again! 😩 so obviously I’m now worried again!
    Spoke to my actual GP and he thinks worst case scenario it’s ectropion again. But I’m also not due in my period until next week, and having all the symptoms, back aches and cramps, short tempered etc, along with more spotting!
    I’m 41 in January. Did you girls ever find out if you were early peri menopause?? As that’s what I’m starting to think!
    My mother had breast cancer at about 45, and the treatment made her menopause start, so I really don’t know when she would have anyway. Although we were quite different in starting periods, she was only 10! I was 17! So big difference.

Anyways, I hope you are both doing well, and everyone else on this thread!

I just wanted to add, health anxiety sucks!! 😩😩😩 I long for the days when I didn’t worry about every little thing and just enjoyed my life!!

Take care all of you. Xxx ❤️

Hi Linzie16 how are you ? Hopefully you’ll get some answers soon but I wouldn’t really worry about it being anything serious there could be a lot of reasons for this to happen.

As for me I had a scan in may which came as normal I went to see the gyno end of June who said everything looks good and that my FSH was 25 and that indicates my ovaries are working harder to produced eggs and that menopause might happen earlier than later but he said it’s all about hormonal fluctuations so he can’t really confirm anything, he told me to basically keep and eye on it and if needs be he will see me and then discharged me.

Fast forward nothing has changed I’m still spotting ,periods getting lighter but longer so went to see the gyno again who has now referred me for a hysterscopy she said this is the last set of investigations and if they can’t find Anything then it’s a case of just living with it or go on birth control but even she could not confirm if I was peri or not, I asked her do you think there is something wrong so she said we can’t confirm anything until we go and check as we never know but looking at my symptoms and other results she’s thinks it’s unlikely anything serious and she said it’s very common in women my age crawling in to the forties this week 🙈 and that there can be a lot of reasons for spotting she said it’s all good as long as it’s not heavey bleeding etc and yes I just had a clear smear as well so I have no idea a year later what is going on 🙈.
    I also get a lot of headaches and cramping when I spot and periods have Become very irregular !

Oh no Sunshinegirl82! 😩

It’s so hard when you have health anxiety and you don’t get any straight answers! But at least for now try and be reassured that it’s nothing to worry about.

Don’t you just wish we had a magic wand and could make ourselves stop worrying!? So miss being young and carefree!

I hope everything settles down for you soon! It’s so draining! ❤️ xxx

Hi ladies,

I hope you don't mind me joining this thread and I hope it's allowed on here. I have made my own thread but haven't heard much and you all seemed to have really supported each other on here.

I am a bit younger, only 23 so I've never had a smear test and I'm in a state as I started spotting between periods. I am on the combined pill and have been for a few years, went to GP today and she said she thinks I've got an ectropion, she's going to speak to a gynecologist colleague to see whether to monitor it for a couple of months or if I should have a colposcopy just in case.

I'm in a bit of a panic now. I've only had 2 partners in my life and I've had the HPV vaccine as a teenager, but of course I've not yet had a smear as they aren't offered until 25 in the UK.

Sorry to vent, just looking for a hand hold I guess. HA really does suck :(

Hello Quglenga,
    No, of course not! I think I jumped on this post too!
    Am going to sound like a massive hypocrite now - but please try not to worry about this. You are very young and it doesn’t sound like you have anything to worry about. I have been reading loads about ectropion, and it is more common if you’re on the pill. However, some women can even be born with it! I’ve not been on the pill for over 10 years and I was only told I had ectropion at my last smear 18 months ago. (I’m 40). So, it is actually really common.
    I’ve also read that spotting in general isn’t a worry, as long as it’s not heavy or period like. But as I’m saying all that with the same issue, I’m still worried! 🤦*♀️ it’s the annoying nature of anxiety!
    I have my gynaecologist appointment tomorrow, so I’ll come back and post on here with hopefully good news that will reassure you!
    If I were you, I would ask to be referred to gynae anyway for your own peace of mind. If you’re anything like me your mind will just be going crazy until a professional has told you it’s ok!
    ❤️

Thank you so much for your reply Linzie16 Wishing you all the best for your appointment tomorrow as well and I am sure that like last time your results will be all clear. Are you having a colposcopy tomorrow?

I am feeling a bit calmer than I was before but I have started to get some lower back pain. I have always suffered with my back tbh but it has typically affected my middle/upper back rather than lower. I am managing to mainly stay off Google which is helping, although I did read in another thread that back pain can be associated with cervical cancer which obviously has me spiralling. I did see on one site that an ectropian can cause lower back and pelvic pain and of course I know that hundreds of other unrelated things do too!

It is just me trying to stay rational until I get the referral done... She said it could take about 6-8 weeks and I haven't had to wait this long for a test before which is a new thing I am trying to manage. I just keep thinking what if something is wrong and I don't find out until its too late. I had felt reassured as I had a transvaginal ultra sound a year ago and it all showed up normal but the GP informed me that ectropians etc wouldn't show up on those apparently!

My cervix was last examined in person in May 2021 and Dr said all looked very healthy (following 2 incidents of irregular spotting) and she put it down to my pill and after that it never happened again so I forgot about it. Now I just keep thinking what if something was missed. Anyway, sorry for big vent! Trying to stay calm and sending lots of love and best wishes for your appointment tomorrow. Do let us know how you get on <3 xx

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread Information