Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

Re: Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

Mine started as a telephone consultation but he asked me to come in for a face to face.
    I’m overthinking things already! What can a blood clot on the right of my cervix possibly even be?!?!
    I noticed the swabs were quite blood stained too.
    This is so scary 😩

Did he think the spotting before your period you got was because of this ? Sometimes if a uterus does not contract the way it should it leaves a pool of blood in your cervix which sometimes sits as a clot as well.
    I think his just being careful as his arranged a ca125 test as well and other swabs he just wants to he careful but yes it does not help when we dealing with HA, did have a feel of your abdomen or arrange an ultrasound as the last time I had a 12 day cycle (the start of this dreaded HA journey ) and I am sure I had a random day of spotting as well my gp did an abdomen and ultrasound.
    In the past few years I had two occasions of sex after bleeding and my period came the next day so my gp said that your cervix is open a day or so before your period so they could cause a bit of spotting, was this the case for you after your post coital bleeding as it might have just disturbed your cervix
    I am sure you’ll be fine abs will have more answers soon and if you do need to chat you can message me as well as I know how worrying it can get. X

He did have a feel of my abdomen, but he didn’t mention doing an ultrasound.
    He just said the swabs and bloods are all part of the 2 week pathway referal and had to be done for that.
    I had colposcopy 10 years ago due to cin1 so atleast I kinda know what to expect though.
    He didn’t mention what the bleeding could be…he just mentioned that it was there.
    Since getting home I’ve had pink and brown stringy discharge, so I’m guessing I may have passed it.
    Urgh. I hate this!
    Good luck for your appointment tomorrow. Is there a certain outcome you’re expecting?

Also, my post coital bleeding has been mid cycle. So not period related 😩
    Twice, it happened around the day of ovulation.,
    And once, it happened bang in the middle of a cycle where I didn’t get a period for 2 months!

Hi limeslime maybe you may have passed it ! And hopefully they’ll find nothing on the colposcopy.
    I’m not sure what to expect really to be honest, I know she’ll ask me questions and I know her well enough to know she won’t mess if she thinks it’s best to get something examined or to wait and watch I have that much trust in her. She always says I’m not worried about it to calm me down if she doesn’t think it needs testing or to wait and watch .To be honest I’m just scared of all the tests and the not knowing and the waiting more than anything I just hate it so much I’m sure that aggravates my HA more and the what ifs 😡

Wow? Yeah I feel totally the same! The waiting is the worst!
    Unfortunately for me, I saw a doctor I wasn’t familiar with, and I just couldn’t read his reaction at all! I do think that if he saw something worrying, he wouldn’t have told me anyway. He wasn’t even gonna do an internal exam anyway, cos he said there was no need, as colposcopy would do it anyway, so there’s be no benefit in him doing it too.
    He only saw my cervix because he needed to do swabs.
    What time is your appointment tomorrow? I’ll keep you in my thoughts. Going to a doctor with HA is so difficult and brave!

Did you find out the reason for your 12 day bleed?

No no reason found what so ever it was just one of them things scan came back normal FSH levels came back normal smear was normal I think It was stress that did it then. It’s in the morning 9:15 but I’m sure she’ll run late, luckily for me there are 2 clinicians in my surgery that are my go to they really good cause they helped me through my health anxiety when it was at its worst, I always ask to see them if it’s something that really worries me but other things like recently I’ve had a nail infection I met someone who I never knew but I was fine with that cause I know it’ll be some sort of infection.
    I think the gp you met is too the book, which is good but with us what if guys it don’t always help.
    I’m sure they’re some ladies on here that have had this issue, have a read thorough some of the posts you may find something that can help you x

Hi limeslime gp called she said given my history etc and me coming now in to my 40th year this is to be expected and apparently it’s a drop in hormones. So she said there is no point going in for blood tests now as I’m waiting for my period so everything will be all over the place she’s told me to book bloods for the week beginning the 24th jan as I might be in the middle of my next cycle she’s checking all my hormones full blood count thyroid and diabetes. She also said this what I’ve experience now might be my period for this month and now won’t get a period until next month. She told me not to worry about cancers and laughed when I said it’s might be womb cancer. She said apparently this is normal In people my age and also since early menopause runs in my family there’s more chance of it being hormonal. So I think In so many ways we waiting and watching as probs I’ve had no post coital bleeding and having Looked at nice guidelines they only refer you if you had three months of consistent episodes of intermenstrual bleeding under the age of 45 … however I’m still a bit worried but let’s see what the bloods say and take it from there, I’m sure she’s probably dealt with a lot of cases like this so knows what she’s talking about. Even at the end of the call she told me not to worry.

Ah Sunshine, that’s great news! I bet you’re so relieved. I hope my long bleed since Xmas has the same explanation! But I’m automatically thinking it’s associated with my post coital bleeding and my brain is going to all kinds of scary places!
    Like, seriously…bleeding after sex AND an unusual 14 day bleed can’t be anything other than the big C, surely 😢😢😢

I’m trying to cling to the fact that I had colposcopy 10 years ago and didn’t even have any abnormal cells when I was discharged.
    And I was HPV negative at my last smear 3 years ago.
    If cancer takes 10 - 20 years to develop from HPV - CIN - Cancer, I’m trying to take some reassurance from this 🤞

Still just wanna hide under my duvet and cry though.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information