Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

Re: Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

Im sure that’s a generic message limeslime, if the gp said you’ll be seen within 2 weeks then you probably will. Maybe call and ask gp why there is a delay the only reason I can think of is it might be because of covid x

I hope you’re right sunshine.

Linze have you heard anything yet?

Hi both, yes I think the message is generic too. I’m sure you will be seen sooner.
    My GP does it a bit differently. They have their secretary do the booking reference and then the appointment gets generated automatically.
    I was seen yesterday! So quick. The gynaecologist said it was ectropion that was trying to heal. What the dr saw was like a bit of skin trying to heal over the top of it. He wasn’t worried at all. I’m so relieved!
    Now just an appointment at the breast clinic next week, and I can hopefully stop worrying for a bit!!
    I’ve contacted a grief charity, as I can’t carry in feeling like this over every issue!! It’s an illness in itself.
    Limeslime, does your work offer any PTSD counselling or anything? It must be hard not to try and diagnose yourself when you see it all the time!
    Does your GP do call backs? If so I’d maybe request a call and ask if you can still expect to be seen within two weeks.
    How are you feeling now? Are you managing to stay calm and positive?

Sunshinegirl82, how are you doing now?

That’s great news for you! I’m so glad you got the reassurance you needed!

Unfortunately I did contact my GP, and they’ve confirmed that there is a 4-6 week wait to be seen at gynaecology due to backlogs and staff shortages. I’m devastated.

It doesn’t help that, since having the speculum exam at my GP practice I’ve had a feeling like having an air bubble trapped in my cervix. I know it sounds gross, but I feel like I need to queef, but can’t get it to pass! It’s been a week now and the feeling is still there! I’ve tried sex, exercise, coughing, squatting but I can’t get rid of this feeling of having something stuck in my cervix. So yeah, that’s scaring me even more cos now I’m worried that it’s not an air bubble, but a tumour I can feel.

Linzie16 that’s such great news I’m so happy for you,I’m sure everything will be fine at the breast clinic as well.I completely understand where your coming from health anxiety is an illness it self.

Limeslime, I’m sure the wait won’t be that long it might be worth while ringing your hospitals booking line direct see if they can fit you in or of there is any cancellation. Just say you’ve been referred under 2ww and would like an appointment as soon as. The booking line at our local hospital are quiet accommodating so just try your luck.

As for me well 😕 I’m on cycle day 35 still no period ! Gp wanted me to go for the hormones bloods half way through my cycle but I’ve not had a period so no idea what I’m going to do. Might call and say am I still ok to get them done as I do need answers. Oh top of that my bloods form come through and she’s requested female androgen test … and I’ve read online that if it’s high then it can be Sign of a Tumor so that’s not helping atm. Tbh I’m very confused at the moment no idea where my period is and no idea if the spotting on day 20 of my cycle was an actual period ! And now every lump and bump I’m feeling in the vagina area I think it’s sinister ! I feel like until I know the reason of the spotting I’m a walking time bomb! Urgh !

Hi linzie16 and limeslime how are you both doing? Hope you both well ?

Well quick update on me I called my gp on cycle day 35 saying no period she told me to go and get bloods done anytime, so I rearranged my appointment only to start spotting on cd36 which could be my period it’s been on an off so been so confused if it was period or not, it’s not been heavy some days brown stuff some days red stuff some days mixed some days nothing is carried on like that for 6 days so far so I’m asssuming it’s my period. So this month I had a 35 day cycle and bleeding started cd 21 had a bit of a gap and then period started.

I was so confused if it was spotting or period so I ended up going for my blood test the results are in and everything is normal FSH was satisfactory but she said it’s acceptable, so now I’m having to book an appointment with gp again to ask what she wants to do about the spotting as the hormonal tests came back fine 🙄 honeslty don’t know what’s happening inside me and now I’ve got to wait till the 4th feb for go to call back … I’m just now scared thinking if it isn’t hormones what can it be ?! The thought it self is scaring me, I’ve never had spotting like this or an ultra light period like this either

Oh what a pain you’ve had Sunshine!! What investigations are they carrying out?? So sorry to hear you’re still at square one!!

I’m ok ish!! So I went for my breast clinic appointment yesterday. The lump I was worried about was actually nothing to worry about! It was just soft tissue above my rib cage. I really didn’t want a mammogram because I was so afraid of the radiation! So after being really awkward, the Dr agreed to do the ultrasound. I’ve only ever had ultrasounds before as I’ve always been breastfeeding! So she did that and said it all looked fine. I also got her to check the other armpit as I’d had some soreness there. She said that was fine too. Both the Dr and the assistant were really lovely and explained the importance of the mammogram to me. That it can pick up calcification that could indicate cell changes that can cause cancer. So after sitting in the X-ray room deliberating for half hour, I finally said yeah just do it!
    The Dr called me back in and said I had some areas of concern! I immediately felt sick! She showed me the scans and pointed out scattered specks of calcium, and said that they were normal. But she pointed to a couple of areas that had small clusters. She said she wasn’t too worried as I had them in both breasts. But she also couldn’t say that it’s nothing without a biopsy! So here I am again, waiting for an investigation, to then await results! And obviously I’ve been reading countless stories etc online, and stressing myself out!!

As I left the room. The Dr who did the ultrasound and then looked at my mammogram. Said, “this is nothing, I have women who come in here and I’m staring cancer in the face.”
    I then went to see the surgeon, (they would normally give the results but the Dr already talked me through it). He seemed even less worried, and said from what they had wrote in the report, it’s just precaution. But worse case scenario, they could be precancerous and they would just remove them.
    I think because my mom passed from breast cancer, there being extra sure. But I’ve spoken to the breast care nurses before, and they didn’t think my mom had a genetic type.
    So I’m trying to keep perspective! But as you both know, it’s so hard!

Limeslime, how are you doing now?? Xxx

You’ll be fine linzie16, the people you spoke to are professional in these areas and they see this daily so they know what’s to worry about and what’s not… my mum and father in law recently had biopsies for several issues and even though they were both told it’s likely nothing to worry about but they can only 100% confirm when results have come back … so
    I feel it’s just the protocol.

As for me I have no idea what they investigating it’s my first mid cycle spotting that is not realted to a medicine side effect and my first light period. GP thought hormones, blood tests all
    Clear and now I’m thinking there is no other reason for it besides uterine cancer and my womb linings thick and my gp has wasted time
    Checking on hormones ! And then I’m reading all these stories on google where women said their only symptom was a bit of discharge or people saying you should push your gp for more tests but when you’re a person with Health anxiety you can carry on pushing your doctors for tests as nothing will satisfy you, you’ll always want more … honestly I’m
    Just thinking why is this Happening to me ! We planning a holiday not been on one since covid and everyone is getting excited for it and here is me thinking about treatment options and timescales for womb cancer and I probs won’t be able to go as I will be needing treatment, I can’t help but think drastic I know I’m letting the dragon get better if me I’m just so confused atm !
    Last edited by Sunshinegirl82; 21-01-22 at 13:03.

Bless you. It’s so hard to keep the Heath anxiety at bay! I always wonder if people with HA, are able to deal with the waiting etc more easily than us? Or do they freak out too?!
    I’ve just had my appointment through for the biopsy. Thursday 27th. I’m terrified! Of the biopsy and the results! I’m trying to keep busy and not focus on it. But I can’t help keep checking my breasts all the time!! My left one, (where they’re doing the biopsy), is a bit tender. But I don’t know if it’s just in my head! I have phantom symptoms every time I have a worry about something! So it’s hard to tell what’s real - although it feels very feel!

I’ve sort of been offered a new role in my current job, just waiting to see if they will take the hours that I can offer. So I’m trying to focus on that to have something to look forward to!

I hope you get some answers soon. It’s easy for me to say and I don’t listen to my own advice! But try not to diagnose yourself by reading others stories! If I’ve learnt one thing, no matter what I read, my outcome isn’t the same as any of them! And I’m sure yours won’t be either!
    Keep us updated!

Limeslime, any update? Xxx

Hey!
    I’m sorry to hear you’re both still waiting for answers, although I think you both sound like you’ll be absolutely fine.
    Sunshine, you might well have a polyp or fibroid, are you able to request a referal for a scan?

Unfortunately I still have no update as I still haven’t had my appointment. (It’s on Friday) I swear, it’s cruel to make people wait so long for a “suspected cancer” appointment. Although I should count myself lucky cos I’ve heard of some people waiting 9 weeks in some areas!
    I’m on an absolute rollercoaster of emotions though. Some days I’m certain it can only be cancer, and I’m looking at cremation plans and planning voice recordings to leave for my kids. Other times I’m calm and telling myself I’m being silly.
    I guess this time next week I may have some idea of what I’m up against…

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information