Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

Re: Can this wait? Post coital bleeding

Linzie16, I know it can be very scary and the waiting for the results is twice as hard but remember what the doctor said he was not worried, the biopsies are precaution. But I know it’s hard to think of any positives when you’re in that predicament. I always make a bit of my
    Convo with the doc so anytime I’m
    Having a wobbly moment I can read back.

Limeslime … hopefully you’ll get you answers soon and yes defo there are some people waiting longer times I’m glad you’ve not had to wait that long. What you’re thinking is normal I feel when you have have HA, I’m the same one minute I’m really worried thinking this is it and next moment think I’m being silly.

Good luck to you both and do keep us updated XX

I think I am going to ask for a scan, I’m going
    To straight out ask her for one, I was considering going for a private one but the last time I had a private scan for a potential bakers cyst my gp ignored it and I ended up
    Going to an nhs one as well. So I’m thinking I wait for my appointment on 4th and see what she says. I finished my period and for last 2 days been having that brown stuff which I’m assuming is the left over stuff. I feel like I’ve not been dry for last 3 weeks 😩 it’s very frustrating !

Hey sunshine!
    I think under nhs guidelines you can be referred to an “abnormal uterine bleeding clinic” if you are having repeated problems with bleeding. Atleast, that’s what they do in my area.
    I’ve been referred to a Rapid Access Clinic, (basically the suspected cancer 2ww clinic). I was originally told by my GP that I was being referred to colposcopy because I’d had bleeding after sex for more than 4 weeks (automatic referal) but then my ca125 came back raised and now that seems to be the priority and my referal is now to gynae rapid access instead. It says in my appointment letter that I will be getting an ultrasound scan, transvaginal scan and hysteroscopy.
    I don’t know what’s gonna happen about the colposcopy now, but presumably I still need it.
    But even though I’d had a 2 week period, I wouldn’t have been referred to gynae for that unless it were to happen again. The focus was on the bleeding after sex.
    Until my ca125 results came through….which I still don’t understand why I was given that test?! I had no symptoms that usually constitute that blood test!
    But oh well, it is what it is.
    It’s my birthday this week too, and all I can focus on is my hospital appointment on Friday overshadowing everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Limeslime View Post
    Hey sunshine!
    I think under nhs guidelines you can be referred to an “abnormal uterine bleeding clinic” if you are having repeated problems with bleeding. Atleast, that’s what they do in my area.
    I’ve been referred to a Rapid Access Clinic, (basically the suspected cancer 2ww clinic). I was originally told by my GP that I was being referred to colposcopy because I’d had bleeding after sex for more than 4 weeks (automatic referal) but then my ca125 came back raised and now that seems to be the priority and my referal is now to gynae rapid access instead. It says in my appointment letter that I will be getting an ultrasound scan, transvaginal scan and hysteroscopy.
    I don’t know what’s gonna happen about the colposcopy now, but presumably I still need it.
    But even though I’d had a 2 week period, I wouldn’t have been referred to gynae for that unless it were to happen again. The focus was on the bleeding after sex.
    Until my ca125 results came through….which I still don’t understand why I was given that test?! I had no symptoms that usually constitute that blood test!
    But oh well, it is what it is.
    It’s my birthday this week too, and all I can focus on is my hospital appointment on Friday overshadowing everything!
    Hi,

Sorry to jump on but had a quick read through.
    Limeslime, my mum was having bloating, change in bowel habits, being sick, stomachache, etc and her ca125 came back raised. We were so worried. She had an ultrasound on her ovaries and all was clear and it turns out that it's just her ibs and her ca125 was just raised for no reason. Her Dr told her it's extremely unlikely to be anything serious unless your ca125 is over 100.
    I hope this helps a little xxx

That sounds very reassuring from Bumble1989, Limeslime!

I hope we all get good news very soon! Then we can feel reassured that we’ve had full MOT’s!

Have any of you had counselling for the health anxiety? I feel like it’s not really taken seriously enough.
    I’m hoping the grief counselling helps me to understand where mine comes from. Although I can remember being worried about my health even when I was young! Before my mother got cancer.
    My almost 9 year old son is like it too. He’s always querying everything!

I’ve got my biopsy on Thursday and I’m anxious about it! Going to see if my Dr can prescribe me something to keep me calm!

Limeslime, I felt like that too! It was my 40th in the middle of all of this. And although I still had a good time away, it was definitely overshadowed by the worry I’m the back of my mind. It was my sons 4th birthday last week, when I had my breast clinic appointment. I felt awful that I was away for 4 hours if the day, at the hospital!

Try to enjoy yourself still. Xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Linze16 View Post
    That sounds very reassuring from Bumble1989, Limeslime!

I hope we all get good news very soon! Then we can feel reassured that we’ve had full MOT’s!

Have any of you had counselling for the health anxiety? I feel like it’s not really taken seriously enough.
    I’m hoping the grief counselling helps me to understand where mine comes from. Although I can remember being worried about my health even when I was young! Before my mother got cancer.
    My almost 9 year old son is like it too. He’s always querying everything!

I’ve got my biopsy on Thursday and I’m anxious about it! Going to see if my Dr can prescribe me something to keep me calm!
    Linze, I really hope your appointment goes well.
    I read about your mum passing from breast cancer and I'm so sorry.
    My mum has also had breast cancer but thank god, she has been cancer free for 7 years now.
    How old are you? I'm 32 and last year I found a lump in my breast and I was convinced I had breast cancer. My Dr referred me and I saw my mums consultant. He said at my age I have as much chance of getting breast cancer as he does so that did reassure me.
    He said its very unusual before 50, unless you carry a gene.
    I find it very hard checking my breasts every month because they are so lumpy but I've had 2 doctors and a consultant (who I trust very much) check them and they all say its fine.
    I had an ultrasound on the lump I found last year and it was a lipoma.

I'm sure you will be fine, the odds are on your side xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Linze16 View Post
    Limeslime, I felt like that too! It was my 40th in the middle of all of this. And although I still had a good time away, it was definitely overshadowed by the worry I’m the back of my mind. It was my sons 4th birthday last week, when I had my breast clinic appointment. I felt awful that I was away for 4 hours if the day, at the hospital!

Try to enjoy yourself still. Xxx
    Linze, just read you are 40. Very unlikely you have anything to worry about xxx

Thank you for the reassurance Bumble!
    Truth be told, I don’t think I should have even been given the blood test at my age, especially when the only symptom I had was a super long period and some spotting after sex.
    Ca125 is usually given for bloating, abdominal pain etc which I don’t have.
    I feel like it is just adding unnecessary stress to an already stressful time!
    I’m glad your mum was ok! I don’t suffer with IBS but I had just finished a course of antibiotics for a chest infection at the time of the ca125 test, and also I was at the end of my period…so hoping it’s just those things that caused my raised levels. I’m much more concerned that my bleeding might be cervical cancer and I’m worried that my colposcopy has been delayed cos of the result of this blood test!

Limeslime, hopefully they will probably do colposcopy whilst you’re there maybe mention it to them and it’s also very positive what bumble has said as well.

Linzie16 yes I’ve had CBT and councelling sometimes I think it works sometimes when I’m calm but when I’m in my panic mode nothing seems to work

Well I was going to wait for the 4th for my appointment but I’m on cycle day 11 and I’ve stated with the pink discharge again so going to try and book abs emergency appointment if I can and get to the bottom of this 🙄 I honestly was just started to get my head round it being a one off and it’s happened again and now I am getting scared

Do you have a coil in Sunshine? Or any hormonal contraception?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information