Page 17 of 155 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

That's fair, Carys. I was just trying to bring it home to Chlobo quite how problematic her behaviour is.

HI Blue, apologies, it was a general comment after seeing a number of replies using that phrase, I wasn't making a personal comment. (infact I don't recall seeing your comment using this phrase LOL) I just think we need to be careful about naming this behaviour as 'self harming', she is harming herself but seemingly with a different reason......deeply problematic....ABSOLUTELY !!

Why does it feel like I have less feeling than usual in my bottom, I'm scared I'm losing feeling and I'll lose control of my bowels. TMI sorry but I went for a number 2 and it felt almost like it was numb inside?
    I had a slight tingling in my hand the last few days on and off that's worrying me.
    If I run something down my back I can feel it but this is such a weird feeling.
    What could it be??

Once again, you're ignoring the real problem and hyperfixating on the fictional one.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Once again, you're ignoring the real problem and hyperfixating on the fictional one.
    I hope it's just anxiety 😟
    I'm frightened,

You're frightened? Really? Why didn't you just say so?

This. You spend your life (and have for years) and all the mental energy you have in repeating to yourself, over and over, that you have a terminal and illness and are dying - any wonder you feel percieved symptoms ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Just to clarify (for the sake of accuracy about Self-harming as a concept) 'Self-harming' is something done deliberately, a choice by the individual, to reduce a strong stress -

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-...out-self-harm/

what Chlobo did was 'extreme and bizarre testing of her body', due to HA, which caused her an injury. We see stories on here every single day of self-testing (poking something in their arm or doing various repetitive exercises etc), albeit seemingly more dramatically described in this instance. Of course it is a problem, and of concern that Chlobo is allowing herself to get to this level of self-testing and unable to follow the cbt guidance given through many courses.
    Thank you for clarifying as I honestly thought it was the same, just from my own experiences. In my early teens I had an obsessive checking habit which resulted in injury and my therapist marked it as self harming in her evaluation of me. I was treated for self harming and depression, which wasn't what I had. In later years I actually self harmed in the true sense of the term and for both times they they classified it as self harming. Now that I read up on it more, it seems they were using the term interchangeably, which they shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    Why does it feel like I have less feeling than usual in my bottom, I'm scared I'm losing feeling and I'll lose control of my bowels. TMI sorry but I went for a number 2 and it felt almost like it was numb inside?
    I had a slight tingling in my hand the last few days on and off that's worrying me.
    If I run something down my back I can feel it but this is such a weird feeling.
    What could it be??
    Your mind is hyperfocusing on every sensation, or difference in sensation and amplifying it. Another thing anxiety does is put your body into a state of mild shock. Blood rushes to your core, away from extremities, and it can cause tingling, numb feelings and all kinds of weird sensations. Anxiety also messes with the way you breathe and you could be hyperventilating without noticing. Another big culprit for feelings of numbness and tingling.

Tingling in one hand is almost always a pinched nerve in the back, arm or shoulder. So so so common and not dangerous.

The only way you're going to get through this is to address the anxiety.

Now that I read up on it more, it seems they were using the term interchangeably, which they shouldn't have.
    Well, thats my reading of it, but someone might know better than me......

Page 17 of 155 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread Information