Page 14 of 155 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    My eyes 😞 my eyes, my eyes 😞
    My vision still seems so odd. Ever since I had covid, but also I've upped my Citalopram to 40mg so could that also be a factor?
    My vision isn't blurred but my eyes are always tired, I keep seeing static on the white walls when I look round my living room. Certain lights make my eyes feel really funny, and I've noticed after images more. I've also got this horrible feeling of pressure like a band over the bridge of my nose, I went to a baby group today and there was a lime green mat on the floor which the babies were playing on, well the lights beaming down on the mat reflected the green on there faces slightly, I don't even know if that's normal? Or was it just my eyes. I'm struggling in dim light or artificial lifts, I feel like there is a static fuzz to my eyes. This is scaring me
    All that you describe, Chlobo, seems perfectly normal to me. Yes, the colour change of faces from reflected light on a brightly coloured surface is perfectly normal. The "noise" in your eyes under low light is also normal - I work in a low-light environment and often see this when I'm tired. If you live in a brightly-lit environment it's quite common to see an after-image, a sort of "lag".

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    All that you describe, Chlobo, seems perfectly normal to me. Yes, the colour change of faces from reflected light on a brightly coloured surface is perfectly normal. The "noise" in your eyes under low light is also normal - I work in a low-light environment and often see this when I'm tired. If you live in a brightly-lit environment it's quite common to see an after-image, a sort of "lag".
    Thanks Pample. I just feel so tired all the time too, I've got four young kids but I got up at 7am, got myself and the kids ready for school, went to this baby group, then I walked my dog for an hour, came home and ended up falling asleep on the sofa.

I do see noise in my eyes for sure, that's a great way to describe it. In my dimly lit room I can see fuzz on the white walls, almost like static. Who knows if I've always had this. I can't trust my body or the sensations it brings because I never know what's real. I'm not sure if I'm hyper aware of my vision right now and it's causing issues. My friend is also going through some eye health issues at the moment which is causing me anxiety. It's just one thing after another all the time

That's HA though and perceived issues not clinically diagnosed issues. How is your friend doing?

Thanks Pample. I just feel so tired all the time too, I've got four young kids but I got up at 7am, got myself and the kids ready for school, went to this baby group, then I walked my dog for an hour, came home and ended up falling asleep on the sofa.

I do see noise in my eyes for sure, that's a great way to describe it. In my dimly lit room I can see fuzz on the white walls, almost like static. Who knows if I've always had this. I can't trust my body or the sensations it brings because I never know what's real. I'm not sure if I'm hyper aware of my vision right now and it's causing issues. My friend is also going through some eye health issues at the moment which is causing me anxiety. It's just one thing after another all the time
    I think you are hyper-aware at the moment, it's part and parcel of health anxiety. You've probably never noticed it before. If I were to put it into video terms, your eyes have both automatic iris and automatic gain. In bright light your iris controls the amount of light coming into your eye but there comes a point where as the light dims, your iris can't open any more so your eye turns up its sensitivity. If you go into a really dark room - like say, a cupboard under the stairs - at first it will seem very dark indeed. Give yourself twenty minutes in the cupboard (with the door shut, obviously!) and you'll start notice every little crack of light coming in, even an outline of objects. What you will also notice is 'noise' - just like the 'snow' we had on weak TV pictures before we went digital.

Sorry if I've ignored any previous messages but I'm in a state.
    I was on the toilet for a bit this morning and when I got up I started panicking I was a bit numb. I then pinched my bum and couldn't feel it very well, queue absolute melt down panic. I got a fork and raked it as hard as I could down my bottom and cut myself really badly, it stings a lot. Does that mean I'm not numb. I don't understand why but my bum and thighs feels like their not as sensitive as usual when I touch them. I've had to force myself out of a huge panic attack because I'm meant to be going to a trampoline park with my kids soon.
    My bottom is so sore I can barely sit down,
    I hate this

Okay, this is way out of control. You need to find a crisis line right now, that or try phoning 111.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Okay, this is way out of control. You need to find a crisis line right now, that or try phoning 111.
    I've managed to calm myself down enough to be able to sit down, I'm home now, I'm really sore, but genuinely there is a certain area on my bottom which isn't as sensitive when I pinch it.
    My bottom and thighs are bruised now from pinching myself. I feel really awful today.

Contact professional help, Chlobo, you're self-harming.

I got a fork and raked it as hard as I could down my bottom and cut myself really badly
    BI is spot on. This is out of control and frankly scary. You have children you're responsible for and are doing this to yourself?! Please contact mental health services.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Sorry if I've ignored any previous messages but I'm in a state.
    I was on the toilet for a bit this morning and when I got up I started panicking I was a bit numb. I then pinched my bum and couldn't feel it very well, queue absolute melt down panic. I got a fork and raked it as hard as I could down my bottom and cut myself really badly, it stings a lot. Does that mean I'm not numb. I don't understand why but my bum and thighs feels like their not as sensitive as usual when I touch them. I've had to force myself out of a huge panic attack because I'm meant to be going to a trampoline park with my kids soon.
    My bottom is so sore I can barely sit down,
    I hate this
    Chlobo, you're worrying me now. It's time you rang 111 at the very least and hopefully they can advise you what to do next but for now, this is crazy - I know I have places where I'm less sensitive than others, which is why I rarely have my phone on 'vibrate' because guess what? I can't feel it.

Also, when sensitivity tests are done on your skin (like they are on me because I'm diabetic) they're done with a very light pressure, not what you've just done.

Page 14 of 155 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread Information