Page 23 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    Would I know for sure if I had a spinal tumour?
    Would it mean I'd get this feeling?

I know I'm asking for reassurance I'm just panicking.
    Do you think what I've just said in my above post is okay?
    I know I'm annoying and you all roll
    Your eyes at me but this is beating me right now and I'm scared.
    Thanks for replying so fast carys

Its beating you because you aren't doing anything you are advised to do yet Chlobo. By the way 'IT' is the way you have trained your brain to respond, YOU can sort this out but only by working hard.

I'm not reassuring you about the Spinal Cancer (and sincerely hope nobody else does either), I did that all through Breast Cancer before Xmas and still you moved straight on through various illnesses since then. People reassuring you DOES NOT WORK. You need to work this one out for yourself, using any skills you might have gleaned from the 8 years of advice here and the courses of CBT you have attended - most importantly the one you are doing now. You are literally spending your time doing exactly the opposite, in all respects, of what you should be doing.
    Last edited by Carys; 21-01-22 at 19:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Its beating you because you aren't doing anything you are advised to do yet Chlobo. By the way 'IT' is the way you have trained your brain to respond, YOU can sort this out but only by working hard.

I'm not reassuring you about the Spinal Cancer (and sincerely hope nobody else does either), I did that all through Breast Cancer before Xmas and still you moved straight on through various illnesses since then. People reassuring you DOES NOT WORK. You need to work this one out for yourself, using any skills you might have gleaned from the 8 years of advice here and the courses of CBT you have attended - most importantly the one you are doing now. You are literally spending your time doing exactly the opposite, in all respects, of what you should be doing.
    I understand what you're saying, the panic just takes over and I feel so unsafe.
    Reassurance is all I know, I feel so scared of this symptom I can't focus on the home work she's asked me to even do.
    All I can think about is going to the doctor and telling him that I can't feel like I need to poop like before. I have always had a feeling inside me that I will die young, always. I cannot see myself as an old woman, I think it's a prediction that I've always thought I've been right about.
    I just want the facts of a real issue so I can possibly stop focusing on this

These are NOT SYMPTOMS. Neither are they scary. This is you fixating and imagining.

If only you spent as much time on the CBT as carrying on reenforcing your HA. You still show no sign of being committed to being well.

Sounds like she has a totally healthy approach.

I've lost track now of the terminal illnesses in the last 4 weeks - so its definitely spinal cancer now ?
    What isn't a symptom?

The things you are describing , you called them 'symptoms' they are not symptoms. Symptoms are things you get from true organic illness. Even by calling them 'symptoms' you are giving the sensations and feelings a validity they don't merit.

Right. They're sensations, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Right. They're sensations, that's all.
    But feeling like you don't need to poop
    Is surely a symptom? Loss of nerve function?
    My friend said if I have an issue like that I'd have severe symptoms like I'd be losing control of my bowels etc.

Not discussing this. It's gross, and honestly, offering reassurance is clearly counterproductive.

Lets discuss your 'breast cancer' and what you could learn from it (but it could equally apply to anything from the last 8 years). You had what you referred to as 'many symptoms', you were adamant that they were there, convinced for weeks despite everyone saying there was nothing wrong. Doctors, friends, family, people on here all told you that you were feeling 'sensations which you were hyperfixating on', often sensations that an over active mind can create. What happened ? You didn't have BC, after spending weeks convinced you did as you were telling yourself you had SYMPTOMS. Then magically once you saw the consultant the BC disappeared, we know it has as you have moved onto new illnesses that you believe you have.

So, what did you actually have - symptoms of Breast Cancer or physical feelings and perceived sensations from HA ??? ANswer this please.....
    Last edited by Carys; 21-01-22 at 20:46.

Lets discuss your 'breast cancer' and what you could learn from it (but it could equally apply to anything from the last 8 years). You had what you referred to as 'many symptoms', you were adamant that they were there, convinced for weeks despite everyone saying there was nothing wrong. Doctors, friends, family, people on here all told you that you were feeling 'sensations which you were hyperfixating on', often sensations that an over active mind can create. What happened ? You didn't have BC, after spending weeks convinced you did as you were telling yourself you had SYMPTOMS. Then magically once you saw the consultant the BC disappeared, we know it has as you have moved onto new illnesses that you believe you have.

So, what did you actually have - symptoms of Breast Cancer or physical feelings and perceived sensations from HA ??? ANswer this please.....
    It was sensations from HA.

I just stuck a needle into a certain area on my back and it pierced my skin and there was NO pain. None, I felt the pressure a bit of the needle but no pain! That must mean numbness

Page 23 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread Information