Page 118 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1544

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

What harm has the eye thing really done? It's just a short-term, low-key visual disturbance. You're still upright and breathing and you're not in agony, so it's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    What harm has the eye thing really done? It's just a short-term, low-key visual disturbance. You're still upright and breathing and you're not in agony, so it's not a big deal.

It didn’t feel low key, and now because I’m feeling sicky and strange I’m thinking something bad has happened or is happening.
    It’s causing such big panic attacks. I’m staring at things and they sometimes move a little and I’m scared it’s happening. I’m meant to be taking my. Kids out and I don’t think I can

Think about the choices you're making, because they are choices. You can either practice brushing these things off, or lean into the anxiety.

It's your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Think about the choices you're making, because they are choices. You can either practice brushing these things off, or lean into the anxiety.

It's your decision.
    What do I do if it happens again blue? Honestly I can’t describe the fear that I’m feeling to you. I wish I could put it into words.

Do you really think you're the only one on this forum who's ever been out-of-control, world-falling-apart terrified?

I was feeling like that this time last week.

What do I do if it happens again blue?
    You reassure yourself, that its happened before, that its to be expected when you are hyper fixated and causing stress to your body. You remind yourself that it disappeared before and that its a common feature of people being anxious. Thats it - then you 'forget it' and move on. You don't worry about, you don't give it validation, you don't think of it as anything more than a symptom of your stressed and anxious mind and body.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    You reassure yourself, that its happened before, that its to be expected when you are hyper fixated and causing stress to your body. You remind yourself that it disappeared before and that its a common feature of people being anxious. Thats it - then you 'forget it' and move on. You don't worry about, you don't give it validation, you don't think of it as anything more than a symptom of your stressed and anxious mind and body.

Thank you Cary’s.
    I feel I’m crisis mode.
    I have messaged my mental health worker. She has said this:

You're body is in threat mode, you're thoughts are telling you that you are in danger but thoughts are not facts and you are safe ( although you are not feeling safe) your body needs to feel more calm. Have you got space to focus on your breathing for a while until you feel a little calmer? Can you distract yourself by spending some time with Laura?

A good reply from your Support Worker, and what I said in different words to be honest. So, go and do some mindfulness breathing ?

What's the eye issue? That they aren't returning to their (what's normal for you) size instantly?

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperpot View Post
    What's the eye issue? That they aren't returning to their (what's normal for you) size instantly?

No, I’ve had two episodes this year where I have been looking down and moving for a while and when I looked up after standing still
    my visual field is still moving but I’m stood still. It’s almost as Worryraptor described it as a doctor who wormhole. Everything is moving inwards for a few seconds.

Page 118 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast

Thread Information