Page 101 of 155 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1544

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Chlobo, if what you're experiencing were to be happening to one of your children (obviously when they are older than they are now), what would you say to them? I think you would reassure them, you would tell them to try the tablets and you would tell that you would help them through it. Try doing that to yourself, self sooth, positive mantras, pretend you're talking to one of your children (in your head). Worth a try.

Excellent advice Catkins...

How's it going today, Chlobo?

Quote Originally Posted by WorryRaptor View Post
    How's it going today, Chlobo?

Hi worry, I’m not good.
    I really don’t feel well mentally.
    I’m so anxious. I keep having panic attacks. My face keeps twitching, I keep feeling like I need to raise my eyebrows to see if my facial muscles work okay. My whole forehead feels tense and stiff. I’ve been in tears multiple times today. Everything I’m feeling right now is scaring me

Have you started the new meds yet?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    Hi worry, I’m not good.
    I really don’t feel well mentally.
    I’m so anxious. I keep having panic attacks. My face keeps twitching, I keep feeling like I need to raise my eyebrows to see if my facial muscles work okay. My whole forehead feels tense and stiff. I’ve been in tears multiple times today. Everything I’m feeling right now is scaring me
    I'm sorry you've been feeling so bad, Chlobo. All of those sensations you mentioned are very commonly caused by anxiety. A stiff forehead is a classic sign of tension, as is twitching.

Have you started your meds yet?

I haven’t taken them yet.
    That’s good advice about self soothing. I have tried that one. It does actually help to comfort. I’ve had to do it this morning because I made a cup of tea and then I went and sorted my daughter out who’s going out today for the day, so packed her bag and helped her dress. Then I went and made another cup of tea?! I turned around and the one I had made 15 mins earlier was sat on the side. That sort of thing really worries me, like I’m having memory loss. So not not a great start to the morning really. I’m not sure if I had forgot I had made it, I just went and did it automatically. The other morning I couldn’t remember if I had made my daughter breakfast too, I was getting them ready for school and I asked her and she said yes I had made it but I couldn’t really remember the act of doing it, and now this thing with the cup of tea. It’s very anxiety inducing

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Chlobo, if what you're experiencing were to be happening to one of your children (obviously when they are older than they are now), what would you say to them? I think you would reassure them, you would tell them to try the tablets and you would tell that you would help them through it. Try doing that to yourself, self sooth, positive mantras, pretend you're talking to one of your children (in your head). Worth a try.
    Thanks catkins, this is a nice idea

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    I haven’t taken them yet.
    That’s good advice about self soothing. I have tried that one. It does actually help to comfort. I’ve had to do it this morning because I made a cup of tea and then I went and sorted my daughter out who’s going out today for the day, so packed her bag and helped her dress. Then I went and made another cup of tea?! I turned around and the one I had made 15 mins earlier was sat on the side. That sort of thing really worries me, like I’m having memory loss. So not not a great start to the morning really. I’m not sure if I had forgot I had made it, I just went and did it automatically. The other morning I couldn’t remember if I had made my daughter breakfast too, I was getting them ready for school and I asked her and she said yes I had made it but I couldn’t really remember the act of doing it, and now this thing with the cup of tea. It’s very anxiety inducing
    Not unless you want to make it anxiety inducing. It's just multi tasking and doing things on auto pilot.

Not unless you want to make it anxiety inducing. It's just multi tasking and doing things on auto pilot.
    Whilst doing everything in a state of extreme anxiety - how on earth would you expect your brain to focus on things to the best of your ability when a good proportion of your thinking is taken up with fear ? Anxiety is very well known for causing a lack of focus and memory lapses. These types of things, those you have mentioned above, happen to people all the time - they are part of being human.

Page 101 of 155 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast

Thread Information