Page 16 of 155 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    I've called them before and they do nothing.
    A woman called me and spoke to me for about 20 mins asking if I was suicidal, Then said I need to see the GP again.
    Sadly, that's about the size of it with crisis lines. Sometimes you're told to present yourself to A&E if you feel you're a danger to yourself.

You do need to see a GP but people get fobbed off with CBT in the UK because it's cheap. Most CBT worksheets are freely available on the Internet, there's even a "CBT for Dummies" book. I shall be speaking to a GP again presently but this time I will be demanding a referral to a psychiatrist. I've been having CBT (yet again) for my anxiety this last few weeks and it has been utterly useless. Either the therapist is a newbie or completely out of their depth where I'm concerned, but it has been a complete waste of time - as I knew it would be.

Have a look here Chlobo - http://getselfhelp.co.uk/ - but I think your problems may be more deep seated than this.

I gave you some links to self-help - did you even bother to look at them?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I gave you some links to self-help - did you even bother to look at them?
    To whom is your comment addressed, Nicola?
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 16-01-22 at 21:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    To whom is your comment addressed, Nicola?
    chlobo

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Chlobo, you NEED to seek mental health services as soon as possible. You've just self harmed.

I know it can be pretty abysmal in the UK when it comes to mental health services, and it can be difficult to get heard, but don't let this go on. Call your GP surgery in the morning and tell them you need an urgent appointment, and don't take no for an answer. If you feel like you'll hurt yourself again, go to A&E.

The numbness you talked about - the areas you talked about are naturally more fatty with less nerve endings. You'll normally have less sensation there. Your brain is amplifying those differences.

No more panic - I did look at them, and I've read so much but when these attacks of panic about disease come on it's so instant and frightening it's like I don't have time to think.

Worry- thank you so much, I have gently pushed a pin into the areas I'm worried about and I can feel them. But I have this numb feeling sort of inside of that makes sense?
    I went to the toilet and I have total control of my bowels but it's like I couldn't feel myself going to the toilet very well. I had a pelvic X-ray last year that I thought showed my lower spine so how fast can these things happen?
    This is a really odd feeling. Anxiety has given me awful symptoms before so it is possible but it doesn't stop the fear this is something awful happening like something pressing on my spine or some other spinal issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Sadly, that's about the size of it with crisis lines. Sometimes you're told to present yourself to A&E if you feel you're a danger to yourself.

You do need to see a GP but people get fobbed off with CBT in the UK because it's cheap. Most CBT worksheets are freely available on the Internet, there's even a "CBT for Dummies" book. I shall be speaking to a GP again presently but this time I will be demanding a referral to a psychiatrist. I've been having CBT (yet again) for my anxiety this last few weeks and it has been utterly useless. Either the therapist is a newbie or completely out of their depth where I'm concerned, but it has been a complete waste of time - as I knew it would be.

Have a look here Chlobo - http://getselfhelp.co.uk/ - but I think your problems may be more deep seated than this.
    Thanks pample. I agree the CBT for me just doesn't seem to help my mindset, so I have no idea what to do anymore, I think my therapist is also a newbie personally.
    My face to face sessions have stopped now due to covid again, which was more helpful to me than video call.
    I didn't mean to hurt myself as much as I did, it was sheer panic and I didn't mean to do it as hard as I did. I was just so scared I was numb and pinching my skin wasn't really giving me enough feeling.

However, your anxiety is still sending you to a dangerous place, which is why you NEED to speak to your GP and advocate for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    However, your anxiety is still sending you to a dangerous place, which is why you NEED to speak to your GP and advocate for yourself.

I will talk to the GP, and my therapist.
    I don't feel safe at all, everyday is filled with fear and worry that im going to die in a horrible way.
    I can't even count the intrusive thoughts I have.
    I just don't know what to do anymore, I don't want sympathy, I just want to feel safe.

Just to clarify (for the sake of accuracy about Self-harming as a concept) 'Self-harming' is something done deliberately, a choice by the individual, to reduce a strong stress -

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-...out-self-harm/

what Chlobo did was 'extreme and bizarre testing of her body', due to HA, which caused her an injury. We see stories on here every single day of self-testing (poking something in their arm or doing various repetitive exercises etc), albeit seemingly more dramatically described in this instance. Of course it is a problem, and of concern that Chlobo is allowing herself to get to this level of self-testing and unable to follow the cbt guidance given through many courses.
    Last edited by Carys; 17-01-22 at 09:56.

Page 16 of 155 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread Information