Page 117 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1544

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by WorryRaptor View Post
    Focus on tiny steps then. What CAN you do today? You can probably pick up those little monitors and throw them in the bin, right?. What other small tasks could you do? Even if it's just washing a mug, or fluffing a cushion. Do small things, even if you feel anxiety, even if you feel weird "symptoms", and keep doing them.

You might think you can't focus, but you're able to sit here and type a coherent message.

I’ve gone to b&m with two of my kids and my mum and brother. But I wanted to run out of there, I forced myself to go. I had to fight panic and intrusive thoughts the whole way round about death and my brain. Stopping and staring at things every so often to see if my vision was moving.
    I’m home now and I’ve made my kids lunch and I’m sat outside seating back and forth trying to soothe myself. I might need to take a diazepam to help. I feel sick, my stomach feels queasy and tight.

Focus on tiny steps then. What CAN you do today? You can probably pick up those little monitors and throw them in the bin, right?. What other small tasks could you do? Even if it's just washing a mug, or fluffing a cushion. Do small things, even if you feel anxiety, even if you feel weird "symptoms", and keep doing them.

You might think you can't focus, but you're able to sit here and type a coherent message.

Yes I should bin them. I’ve taken my temp twice today already. Though I can’t bin that as need it for my children in case they have a temperature

I get the impression you agree with advice, but only with the caveat that you can include further worries in your reply. I did that too when my OCD was unmanaged. I would get advice, take it on board and them bombard the person with extra details in a compulsive attempt to quell the anxiety further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    No the reassurance won’t help long term, maybe for a few mins.
    I’m just so anxious, I’m stuck in fear mode.
    I feel dizzy and I keep having an upset stomach in the morning. My eyes just don’t feel right and it’s all started after that visual episode. I felt alright and was getting on with my day to day as best I could. It doesn’t take a lot to throw a spanner in the works and render me almost house bound due to the anxiety. I’m shaking a lot. Just worried about this upset stomach, it’s quite bad today and the nausea. I’m worried it’s related to the eye episode
    You're doing exactly what WR said.....

I posted this on another thread but it applies to members who have perpetual threads here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    The real issues are not the worries or fears you have but the thought patterns and associated and subsequent behaviors associated with them and the results of that behavior. The real issue is your mental illness. Until that's aggressively addressed, I'm afraid that pattern will just continue to rinse and repeat :(

My daughter posted an interesting insight to the anxious mind... I can only imagine the internal dialogue you and other members experience.

Why people with anxiety have a hard time sleeping:

*Going to bed super early because my depression was being a little bitch and I was worn out*

Anxiety: Hey, here’s all the mistakes you’ve ever made.

Me: Yeah, look I’m human, I have made mistakes. Going over all of them and feeling bad about it will not serve me at all, especially right now when I’m so tired and just want to sleep.

Anxiety: Okay…here’s a list of all the people who secretly hate you.

We all have internal dialogues but those with anxiety and mental illness seem to be like a skipping record or a song on repeat.
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Stopping and staring at things every so often to see if my vision was moving.
    I know its difficult not to carry out checks, but this was feeding the anxiety monster again.

I’ve gone to b&m with two of my kids and my mum and brother. But I wanted to run out of there, I forced myself to go. I had to fight panic and intrusive thoughts the whole way round about death and my brain.
    I’m home now and I’ve made my kids lunch.
    All that alone is impressive! See, you can actually function, and you're being there for your kids. You need to hang on to the wins in order to get above the anxiety. Going out and about, despite the panic, is a pretty big win. Making lunch for your kids is another one.

Yes I should bin them. I’ve taken my temp twice today already. Though I can’t bin that as need it for my children in case they have a temperature
    That's absolutely fair enough. Always a good idea to have stuff like that handy for kids. Maybe you could put it away in a lockbox, so it gives you time to reconsider if you have the urge to check something. I found that helped with some of my compulsions. For example, Id make sure to lock my phone into a drawer while I worked, so that I wouldn't just grab it when I went to use the bathroom and shine the phone torch into the extractor fan. Otherwise, if it was next to me, I'd just grab it automatically and go to check the fan. Just small things like that buy you time to think.

I know its difficult not to carry out checks, but this was feeding the anxiety monster again.

All that alone is impressive! See, you can actually function, and you're being there for your kids. You need to hang on to the wins in order to get above the anxiety. Going out and about, despite the panic, is a pretty big win. Making lunch for your kids is another one.

That's absolutely fair enough. Always a good idea to have stuff like that handy for kids. Maybe you could put it away in a lockbox, so it gives you time to reconsider if you have the urge to check something. I found that helped with some of my compulsions. For example, Id make sure to lock my phone into a drawer while I worked, so that I wouldn't just grab it when I went to use the bathroom and shine the phone torch into the extractor fan. Otherwise, if it was next to me, I'd just grab it automatically and go to check the fan. Just small things like that buy you time to think.
    That’s a good idea worry, I didn’t think of a lockbox. And yes you’re right about saying I’m taking the advice but then wanting more reassurance. I feed off it, I need it. I can’t reassure myself. Especially not when it comes to the brain. It’s such a huge trigger for me. It triggers PTSD as well and I’m certain one day I’m going to get what my brother had or something similar and it petrifies me. I’ve said all this before I know but my eyes are a huge anxiety trigger for me. I had my eyes tested in January this year and all was okay but I know they can’t see everything within the brain

I’m waking up with nausea every morning now. I don’t understand. Could it be the tablets? I was nauseous on them when I first started it but did fade out. I wake up and my stomach feels like jelly and I’m usually having an upset tummy in the morning but it’s been since that weird vision thing. I’m worried it’s related

I missed two tablets of Escitalopram by accident this week, and have taken them during the day so I don’t forget, as when I’m tired I tend to go to bed and then realise I haven’t taken one. So I’ve been taking them at around 11am. I’m wondering if missing the two and then changing when I’m taking them could be causing the tummy upset in the morning

I’m really freaking out. I feel so sicky

It's just a bit of nausea. Logical brain, Chloe.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    It's just a bit of nausea. Logical brain, Chloe.

But it’s every morning since this eye thing blue, and I’m feeling off kilter. And the upset tummy too. I don’t know what’s going on with me

Page 117 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast

Thread Information