Page 125 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1544

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    124 wasted pages.
    It isn’t wasted blue, I just feel so bad. Neuro problems are my biggest fear

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    If you were to do the work and to learn how to challenge your thoughts, these things would happen.

One, your anxiety would lessen and that means fewer symptoms.

Two, any symptoms you do get, you'd be able to triage them rationally and not react with fear.

I was married to a man who had also a breakdown due to HA and he was 100% convinced he had a brain tumour. Nothing anybody said to him made any difference at all. His GP speaking to him? No. Therapists? No. He lost so much weight that he looked like a Holocaust victim, and it was all due to anxiety. In the end he had a scan done privately. I remember the 'conversation' we had on the way there in the car. I was heavily pregnant, hormonal to buggery, and my husband kept saying was how, 'this was it and he would be dead by Christmas'. We were both crying, albeit for different reasons. In his case - a brain scan was the only thing that could convince him that his brain wasn't diseased. Dude wasn't functioning. I was having to do everything, and while being heavily pregnant and having a four-year-old to look after. Sometimes, you have to weigh up the cost of a test to bringing someone back from the ledge. Actually, he was hanging off the bugger. (As was I) When I had my colonoscopy, the only red flag symptom I had was rapid weight loss. The bowel changes were explainable by my IBS. I didn't go into that theatre thinking that I could possibly be wrong. As far as I was concerned, I 'knew' bum cam would prove my fears right. I was prepared for this and accepting of my fate. That was my turning point. I was in the same place that my ex was when he had his brain scan, only his mental shift came when he was shown the images of his healthy brain. I honestly don't like to dwell on the outcome had we not had these 'circuit breakers'. I absolutely agree that doctors should not be testing people merely to alleviate their health anxiety, but the reality is that doctors over-test in general (which is partly why the system is at breaking point) and not everybody breaks down with this MH disorder. There is the risk to life & sanity to consider over the cost of a test and a clinician's time. Problem is that many (if most) doctors are not so great with disorders of the mind. This is why the first thing they do is to prescribe pills. My conclusion is that tests can indeed be a circuit breaker and can help to kick-start recovery from HA, or they can cause even more harm and serve to keep people in their hell holes because they come to rely on tests as reassurance etc...

However, you don't appear to be at that level of anxiety, Chloe. You're functioning; taking care of your kids, and you are coherent. I was prepared to receive the news that I had bowel cancer and ready to deal with it because that's what acceptance means. A diagnosis of bowel cancer would not have tormented me anymore than I'd tormented myself. (On the contrary, I considered it a release). But I didn't have cancer and so I did what I needed to do in order to control my HA...

Again, you need to be able to handle your anxiety, be alone with it, and not rely on other people to make you feel safe. That's the goal.

When I feel bad, I do what I have to do to help myself feel better. Otherwise, I am telling my brain that I can't feel better unless someone helps me. Hours can feel like days when we're anxious, so I think it pays to be able to cut this crap out and make with the self-care instead of relying on other people (who have their own lives)

That's gone. It's futile to dwell on past and you don't get to change it. Remember what happens when Marty McFly starts to piss about with the past? (His mum fancies him, right?)

The best thing you can do is to learn from the past (And your mistakes)

The future is uncertain (as it is for all of us) but the present is all yours, so make the best choices that you can!
    So after the news you didn’t have bowel cancer you challenged the health anxiety and it went on from there?
    Was that the the final straw for you

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    If you were to do the work and to learn how to challenge your thoughts, these things would happen.

One, your anxiety would lessen and that means fewer symptoms.

Two, any symptoms you do get, you'd be able to triage them rationally and not react with fear.

I was married to a man who had also a breakdown due to HA and he was 100% convinced he had a brain tumour. Nothing anybody said to him made any difference at all. His GP speaking to him? No. Therapists? No. He lost so much weight that he looked like a Holocaust victim, and it was all due to anxiety. In the end he had a scan done privately. I remember the 'conversation' we had on the way there in the car. I was heavily pregnant, hormonal to buggery, and my husband kept saying was how, 'this was it and he would be dead by Christmas'. We were both crying, albeit for different reasons. In his case - a brain scan was the only thing that could convince him that his brain wasn't diseased. Dude wasn't functioning. I was having to do everything, and while being heavily pregnant and having a four-year-old to look after. Sometimes, you have to weigh up the cost of a test to bringing someone back from the ledge. Actually, he was hanging off the bugger. (As was I) When I had my colonoscopy, the only red flag symptom I had was rapid weight loss. The bowel changes were explainable by my IBS. I didn't go into that theatre thinking that I could possibly be wrong. As far as I was concerned, I 'knew' bum cam would prove my fears right. I was prepared for this and accepting of my fate. That was my turning point. I was in the same place that my ex was when he had his brain scan, only his mental shift came when he was shown the images of his healthy brain. I honestly don't like to dwell on the outcome had we not had these 'circuit breakers'. I absolutely agree that doctors should not be testing people merely to alleviate their health anxiety, but the reality is that doctors over-test in general (which is partly why the system is at breaking point) and not everybody breaks down with this MH disorder. There is the risk to life & sanity to consider over the cost of a test and a clinician's time. Problem is that many (if most) doctors are not so great with disorders of the mind. This is why the first thing they do is to prescribe pills. My conclusion is that tests can indeed be a circuit breaker and can help to kick-start recovery from HA, or they can cause even more harm and serve to keep people in their hell holes because they come to rely on tests as reassurance etc...

However, you don't appear to be at that level of anxiety, Chloe. You're functioning; taking care of your kids, and you are coherent. I was prepared to receive the news that I had bowel cancer and ready to deal with it because that's what acceptance means. A diagnosis of bowel cancer would not have tormented me anymore than I'd tormented myself. (On the contrary, I considered it a release). But I didn't have cancer and so I did what I needed to do in order to control my HA...

Again, you need to be able to handle your anxiety, be alone with it, and not rely on other people to make you feel safe. That's the goal.

When I feel bad, I do what I have to do to help myself feel better. Otherwise, I am telling my brain that I can't feel better unless someone helps me. Hours can feel like days when we're anxious, so I think it pays to be able to cut this crap out and make with the self-care instead of relying on other people (who have their own lives)

That's gone. It's futile to dwell on past and you don't get to change it. Remember what happens when Marty McFly starts to piss about with the past? (His mum fancies him, right?)

The best thing you can do is to learn from the past (And your mistakes)

The future is uncertain (as it is for all of us) but the present is all yours, so make the best choices that you can!

Tests work for me in the short term, but then it’s just something else to panic about and a new test to get

Tests work for me in the short term, but then it’s just something else to panic about and a new test to get
    No sh*t? We've been over this and over this for years.....

......Blue isn't totally right ( Hey bud !) , its not wasted, as someone will be reading this and be taking on board the points made.

You haven't done what was said have you Chlobo - printed and highlighted ?
    Last edited by Carys; 18-08-22 at 11:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    No sh*t? We've been over this and over this for years.....

......Blue isn't totally right ( Hey bud !) , its not wasted, as someone will be reading this and be taking on board the points made.

You haven't done what was said have you - printed and highlighted ?
    I haven’t no because my arm feels weak, I’m scared to write with it in case my fingers mess up

Managing to type though......

Its drawing a line through positive points with a highlighter not weight lifting !

Hey Carys! Fair point, hopefully we're helping someone while Chloe sits in her happy place.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    I haven’t no because my arm feels weak, I’m scared to write with it in case my fingers mess up
    Come on Chloe, this is pure crap!

You're typing just fine. No messing up at all. You're making excuses.

Can you honestly not see why people lose patience with you?

Chloe, you’re typing here just fine. There is nothing stopping you from writing a list. You could even pick up your phone and record your own voice. That’s actually really helpful to listen back to, because it gives you a whole new perspective. I do it a lot when I’m trying to organise my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    124 wasted pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Spend the time taking in the advice and doing the work. If you're going to post make it positive and don't include symptoms or negativity.
    I agree, it could help someone else but its not helping the OP in the least. Literally after posting the above was a symptom dump!

You can't help someone who cannot be helped

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    What does that have to do with using a highlighter pen and as has been said, you're typing here so?..... I call excuses and BS

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 125 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast

Thread Information