Page 13 of 155 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    So, same thing as before then, and the same as all the other times over the years - including only a few weeks ago with a private Breast clinic.......you've made an appointment for paid reassurance. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR EYES UNTIL YOUR FRIEND SAW AN OPTICIAN. Why don't you learn ? Chlobo, you seem to have no ability at all to follow advice and guidance, either here or in your therapy (by the look of it). Until you want to do something about this, and stop reenforcing your old fears and habits - nothing will change. The cycle is repeating over and over and over. I'm personally giving up on replying here, until I 'hear' (via your words) some inkling of awareness or acceptance that you can do something about this or desire to change. I'm not talking here about 'Im desperate, I have HA, I'm scared', thats not a desire to change, that is reenforcing the same old c**p. You asked FMP yesterday 'how did you overcome HA', as it happens it wasn't something he has although he wrote a long post to you, BUT others have replied on your threads telling you exactly HOW.......its so annoying to see that your question of yesterday has been answered so many times already.

I'm frustrated, yep........LOL (so time to bow out anyway)
    I know, I know. Honestly I do know, it's just I can't rest, I can't settle until I get that test or see the doctor. And even then sometimes I can't rest. I'm in a hole right now and have been for weeks. My next therapy appointment is next week as I've been unwell. I'm going to ask how to deal with the obsessive behaviours

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    I know, I know. Honestly I do know, it's just I can't rest, I can't settle until I get that test or see the doctor. And even then sometimes I can't rest. I'm in a hole right now and have been for weeks. My next therapy appointment is next week as I've been unwell. I'm going to ask how to deal with the obsessive behaviours
    We haven't covered much in therapy at all yet as I was sick so she changed some sessions for me and rearranged them for another time.
    We haven't gone over how to deal with all the thoughts yet and the behaviours. I know it's a problem it's just hard to gain control. I do want this to change

Okay so I went to my eye appointment.
    Optic nerves are fine (phew) he's given me a small prescription for reading and my phone.
    He did note that my pupils are a bit slow to react but he wasn't worried and it's probably the Citalopram I take. That did make my heart thud a bit but I knew they were a little slow to react because I've seen it happen for years.
    I am struggling with some thoughts after that appointment but I know I need to just stop and breathe and be happy that my eyes are healthy.

Hooray! Please focus your attention on taming your HA, now. Really, it can be done!! And we're happy to cheer you on as you work.

Great news that you got the all clear.

Next, conquering the anxiety. You've got this!

Quote Originally Posted by WorryRaptor View Post
    Great news that you got the all clear.

Next, conquering the anxiety. You've got this!

Thank you. I've got some work to put in but I really hope I can do this.

I watched a video that triggered me terribly tonight, it's actually made me feel sick. Health anxiety is a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by kyllikki View Post
    Hooray! Please focus your attention on taming your HA, now. Really, it can be done!! And we're happy to cheer you on as you work.
    Thank you. Are we able to post photos on here does anyone know?
    I wouldn't mind uploading some photos of the work I have to do, maybe it would help ms

My eyes 😞 my eyes, my eyes 😞
    My vision still seems so odd. Ever since I had covid, but also I've upped my Citalopram to 40mg so could that also be a factor?
    My vision isn't blurred but my eyes are always tired, I keep seeing static on the white walls when I look round my living room. Certain lights make my eyes feel really funny, and I've noticed after images more. I've also got this horrible feeling of pressure like a band over the bridge of my nose, I went to a baby group today and there was a lime green mat on the floor which the babies were playing on, well the lights beaming down on the mat reflected the green on there faces slightly, I don't even know if that's normal? Or was it just my eyes. I'm struggling in dim light or artificial lifts, I feel like there is a static fuzz to my eyes. This is scaring me

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    My eyes 😞 my eyes, my eyes 😞
    My vision still seems so odd. Ever since I had covid, but also I've upped my Citalopram to 40mg so could that also be a factor?
    My vision isn't blurred but my eyes are always tired, I keep seeing static on the white walls when I look round my living room. Certain lights make my eyes feel really funny, and I've noticed after images more. I've also got this horrible feeling of pressure like a band over the bridge of my nose, I went to a baby group today and there was a lime green mat on the floor which the babies were playing on, well the lights beaming down on the mat reflected the green on there faces slightly, I don't even know if that's normal? Or was it just my eyes. I'm struggling in dim light or artificial lifts, I feel like there is a static fuzz to my eyes. This is scaring me
    Artificial lights not lifts!

I'm just scared that covid has affected my brain or something. My eye test was okay, the man said my optic nerves were fine and my eye pressure was also fine. But I just feel like maybe something is going on that he couldn't see. I don't know if it's all just after affects of covid. But I'm 3 weeks since testing positive now so I thought the symptoms would of totally gone

Page 13 of 155 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread Information