Page 135 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1544

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    I do feel like how you said with your ex partner that if I had a scan it and it was clear it might put it to bed but I know that a year later I’d be worried again because the time stamp would have run out on the scan.
    And this will be the case (with every imaginary disease, not just this one) until you do the work and learn to challenge your thoughts. (My ex chose to do the work)

Nora did you say you’d had a brain scan before? Did you ever suffer with any neurological symptoms?
    Yes to both questions. However, neurological symptoms are rarely caused by the type of issues you're scaring yourself with, Chloe. (And right at the top of the list of causes is anxiety)

Actually, it appears that I do have a problem with my brain, Chloe. But it's not one which shows up on standard MRI scan. Fibromyalgia is thought to be a problem in the part of the brain which deals with pain and temperature regulation etc - affecting the entire nervous system. I've experienced a lot of weird, painful, and unsettling symptoms over the last 10 years - right from the tip of my big toe to the top of my scalp. I was tested for MS because there are so many similarities with the two, but my scans (brain and spine) were clear aside one 'incidental finding' which HA could absolutely have gone to town with had I have still been down that delightful hole at the time. I had to have a re-scan six months later (ended up being 12) but the wheels never came off because the power of doing the work is that we're better able to deal with issues that crop up, you get me? Can you imagine how you would be coping with this now if this was you? (I know the answer because freaking out and losing my shit over every single anomaly or symptom was me before I did the work to control the HA)

My point is that we can have some very 'scary' symptoms, but this doesn't mean we have a life-threatening disease. (It's your irrational thinking that's taking you there)

I actually google while I’m out too, or I come in here. That’s the curse of having a phone that can access internet outside
    You can do something about this. You can change your smart phone to one that's simply a phone, like the old days. That way, you eliminate this particular problem.

You don't have to be connected to the internet 24/7. I'm not and have no intention of ever being. It's not a "curse". You can just choose not to have a smartphone. It's not compulsory even though it's addictive..Like posting on social media to avoid FOMO.

Save yourself some money and get a pay as you go basic mobile phone. Help yourself rather than expecting others to help you which will never happen.

You are so lucky to be able to access an efficient CMHT. There's an 8 week waiting list to see a private psychiatrist in my area. MH is Big Business.

Make the most of the opportunity you have.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You are so lucky to be able to access an efficient CMHT. There's an 8 week waiting list to see a private psychiatrist in my area. MH is Big Business.

Make the most of the opportunity you have.
    Big agree here.

I am yes, it was after the cutting incident with the numb bum thing that I think they really started listening to me. Today has been hard.

You can just choose not to have a smartphone.
    Or you can set yourself rigid rules about having set periods where you turn off the Mobile data when you are out and about. People can still call you, and you can still call them if there was any need - but you can't then keep accessing things whilst doing other important things like taking the children somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Or you can set yourself rigid rules about having set periods where you turn off the Mobile data when you are out and about. People can still call you, and you can still call them if there was any need - but you can't then keep accessing things whilst doing other important things like taking the children somewhere.
    With respect, I don't think Chloe has the self-control required to do that; not yet anyway. A few clicks and she's back on Google. The best thing is to eliminate the option altogether and the only way is to switch to a call/text only phone.

With extra and genuine respect, I don't think she has the self control to change her phone to an old school (like us oldies used to have thing) either Phones are computers for people nowadays and everything is done on them, and I can't imagine anybody choosing to relinquish their smart phone as it could cause all sorts of problems - it certainly would for me as my banking, ordering and everything is done on it. It is required for security and accessing all sorts of things. I guess she could have a second 'cheap as chips pay as you go to take whilst out' type thing or something.

Recently I started putting my phone on flight mode for periods in the day - so that I it was a reminder to keep my head clear of the constant reading news, checking, messaging blah blah......it is nice to know there will be no notifications, no sound and even no calls.
    Last edited by Carys; 26-08-22 at 08:44.

I remember back when I had my son, pre-mobile phones, we thought we were so high tech because we got a pager so I could let my husband know when I went into labour.

Great suggestions as always but let's be real. We're talking about someone who can't even manage to review the thread and post something positive without symptom dumping so

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 135 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast

Thread Information