Page 2 of 155 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

I think it may be a good idea if you let somebody else support your friend - if you can't get a handle on this you'll only make things worse for both her and yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I think it may be a good idea if you let somebody else support your friend - if you can't get a handle on this you'll only make things worse for both her and yourself.
    I agree.

Yes, I also agree.

She's my best friend, I can't not support her 😢
    My eyes are really sore tonight, when I move them too. Which is a symptom that my friend has. I can't cope with this anymore. The fear and the constant worry. I don't know what to do anymore, I've got a headache coming on and I had a headache last night too.
    I'm scared , really scared and I can't cope anymore

You've been told what to do. Re-read your other thread, the same advice applies. This is what I find so frustrating is that you get told the same things over and over by different people - yet you are still heading down the same route seemingly having learnt nothing. Do you not want to learn ? You had SO many symptoms of IBC, remember those, and there was nothing there. You don't have to 'cope with it' you can do what you promised to do and that is to apply yourself properly to relearning your behaviours.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    All I know is I will put my all into my therapy
    The new 'helenhoo'

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

There's no shame in stepping away from a situation you're not equipped to deal with. To clarify here, I'm hating the sin rather than the sinner, but you don't want your friend to be having to support and reassure you while she's going through this. When you're this worked up, this is absolutely going to land up happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    The new 'helenhoo'

FMP
    What do you mean fishmanpa?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    There's no shame in stepping away from a situation you're not equipped to deal with. To clarify here, I'm hating the sin rather than the sinner, but you don't want your friend to be having to support and reassure you while she's going through this. When you're this worked up, this is absolutely going to land up happening.
    No I wouldn't ask her for reassurance about this,
    It wouldn't be fair.
    Just my eyes feel so tired and strained, also sensitive to light. This only started since I shone my torch in them A LOT. Which I haven't done and won't do anymore, because my other friend told me that I will damage my eyes. Now I'm worried I've damaged them by shining my torch into them so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    You've been told what to do. Re-read your other thread, the same advice applies. This is what I find so frustrating is that you get told the same things over and over by different people - yet you are still heading down the same route seemingly having learnt nothing. Do you not want to learn ? You had SO many symptoms of IBC, remember those, and there was nothing there. You don't have to 'cope with it' you can do what you promised to do and that is to apply yourself properly to relearning your behaviours.
    Yes that's it. I had burning, tingling, a sore breast. And all that has now gone away.
    So, the logical plan in my head is this:
    1. Stop checking my eyes
    2. Carry on with my normal day as usual
    3. Don't google anything to do with eyes
    4. Remind myself I have severe health anxiety
    5. Maybe book an eye appointment once my friend has seen her eye doctor and has a plan of what's going on.
    6. My eyes didn't worry me when I was worried about my breast
    7. Sore eyes could be due to me shining light in them and making them more sensitive and sore
    8. I have asked friends and family about my eyes who aren't really concerned
    9, My tired eyes are probably due to the stress I've been under the last few months and having four children to run around after
    10, I know my body and mind can create real physical symptoms based on what I'm scared of

Page 2 of 155 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information