Page 21 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

He was diagnosed 6 years ago, he had a grade 4 tumour. I can't remember what they called it but it began with A. He had an operation, chemo, and radiotherapy which worked really well. 6 months later it grew back and he had another op and more chemo and radiotherapy.
    The doctors were pretty amazed at his progress. They have said they can only do one more operation on the brain if it comes back again. It's been 6 years and no reoccurrence so we all pray that it's gone for good.

But I already had health anxiety before he was diagnosed. His diagnosis and watching him with tubes coming out of his brain and a cancer diagnosis made my anxiety so much worse.
    There are also other events in my life which have contributed to it.

This morning isn't a good morning. My legs felt heavy when I walked my son to school, both my girls have this sickness bug now. I stuck a needle in my lower back to check I could feel it and yes I could. But I have a numb band feeling around my lower back.
    I went to the toilet this morning, didn't feel over desperate again, more pressure in bladder and that I needed to go.
    Legs feels strange too, heavy and weird.
    Slight tingling in left hand. Spiralling into this hole again

I imagine it'll be something fatal within the next 80 years or so.

Also, don't stick needles in yourself, it's stupid.

It doesn't just rain it pours.
    Just had a phone call saying my brother has fallen, he's been left with a weak side due to his tumour.
    Hea been rushed to hospital by ambulance as they suspect a broken femur. 😪

This morning isn't a good morning.
    Keep on repeating that, every morning, (and then follow that with a list of new symptoms) and I'm sure that will help
    Last edited by Carys; 19-01-22 at 17:50.

Quote Originally Posted by WorryRaptor View Post
    Your mind is hyperfocusing on every sensation, or difference in sensation and amplifying it. Another thing anxiety does is put your body into a state of mild shock. Blood rushes to your core, away from extremities, and it can cause tingling, numb feelings and all kinds of weird sensations. Anxiety also messes with the way you breathe and you could be hyperventilating without noticing. Another big culprit for feelings of numbness and tingling.

Tingling in one hand is almost always a pinched nerve in the back, arm or shoulder. So so so common and not dangerous.

The only way you're going to get through this is to address the anxiety.
    Thanks worry. I hope so 😢

Sorry this is gross, So I went to the toilet this morning and I had the same feeling, it's almost like I don't have the urge to poo. I was needing the toilet, but I felt pressure and could feel it but not as much as usual?
    Is this actually a real issue, I'm so confused right now I really am. I'm scared I have an issue with my spine that's causing my sensation to poo to be less. I have total control of my bowels and no pain, just this 'off feeling' in my bottom like it's numb inside the passage.

I don't want to run to the doctors about it. I was absolutely fine until Sunday when it felt a little weird when I went for a poo, and then I had a huge panic attack, and ever since then I've felt like this. Do you think it's anxiety?
    I'm worried

Is this actually a real issue
    No.

Do you think it's anxiety?
    Yes.

How is your CBT work going and trying to do something about your HA ? (from what you are writing here, I don't see you making any changes)

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    I don't want to run to the doctors about it. I was absolutely fine until Sunday when it felt a little weird when I went for a poo, and then I had a huge panic attack, and ever since then I've felt like this. Do you think it's anxiety?
    I'm worried
    Yes

As somebody who has genuine clinical loss of sensation, I can tell you it isn't something you have to self test on or to double check. There's a very distinct pattern that a doctor would recognise, and it comes with all kinds of other issues.

What you're describing sounds very much like anxiety. Your digestive system, muscles and nerves are all feeling the effects of the huge dose of stress hormones going through your body while you worry and panic. This can cause so many strange feelings, especially in err...vulnerable areas! You're spending so much time in mental fight or flight mode, your body doesn't know how to feel. Your system is going to be sending all kinds of panic signals around which will feed into you feeling worse and worse sensations. Remember that the brain is a very powerful thing.

You really need to start addressing the anxiety, as no amount of reassurance here will help you. We are not doctors, and we are not mental health professionals either. For the most part, we are people who have dealt with or are dealing with anxiety in some capacity and can see when it's overwhelming somebody. You CAN get through this though.

Why don't you make yourself a promise? Tell yourself that starting now, you will commit to the CBT, therapy and anything else that you're doing to address the HA. Instead of posting your fears and any new symptoms here, use the thread to post positive updates about your progress instead. Even tiny improvements count, and bad days don't negate those. Make sure you try to keep a record of the good changes. We all want you to succeed, and I believe you can do this.

Page 21 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread Information