Page 45 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    I know I'm constantly seeking reassurance but it's the only way I can cope at the moment
    But its gotten to the point where you're not going to get anymore here, at least from the members that know you. All you're really doing is documenting your fears and anxiety symptoms, and by doing so, you're wallowing in your mental state and burying yourself deeper in the rabbit hole

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I agree with FMP.

You might feel like the reassurance is helping you cope, but all it's doing is giving you a (very) temporary sense of relief which actually only serves to make the next wave of anxiety worse. Nobody here wants to feed into that cycle, because many of us have experienced the damage it does. When my OCD is bad, I'm basically a reassurance/explanation addict! While occasional reassurance can of course help some people feeling moderate levels of anxiety, deep set anxiety like this is only made worse by it in the long run, because it's validating a false belief that there is something physically wrong.

None of what I'm saying is intended to be mean or cold by they way. I really do hope you start feeling better soon. Give that organisation a call first thing in the morning and make sure they get that form over to you

Thank you both.
    I do agree with you. I'm just freaking out to be honest. Scared to drink in case I don't need to urinate or I don't get the feeling, focusing on my bladder or bowel constantly so any sensation I'm hyper aware of. Petrified I'm going to lose control of my bladder or bowels. I am drinking but not as much as I should be, I've had a cup of tea and a coffee today and that's all I've had. I'm trying to empty my bladder before I even need a wee so I don't expect myself to get the urge if that makes sense?
    I want this hell to end

Quote Originally Posted by WorryRaptor View Post
    I agree with FMP.

You might feel like the reassurance is helping you cope, but all it's doing is giving you a (very) temporary sense of relief which actually only serves to make the next wave of anxiety worse. Nobody here wants to feed into that cycle, because many of us have experienced the damage it does. When my OCD is bad, I'm basically a reassurance/explanation addict! While occasional reassurance can of course help some people feeling moderate levels of anxiety, deep set anxiety like this is only made worse by it in the long run, because it's validating a false belief that there is something physically wrong.

None of what I'm saying is intended to be mean or cold by they way. I really do hope you start feeling better soon. Give that organisation a call first thing in the morning and make sure they get that form over to you
    Thank you I appreciate your replies, I know you're not being harsh. I really don't know what I would do without this site

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    But its gotten to the point where you're not going to get anymore here, at least from the members that know you. All you're really doing is documenting your fears and anxiety symptoms, and by doing so, you're wallowing in your mental state and burying yourself deeper in the rabbit hole

FMP
    Yes actually what you've said is true, I get maybe 5 seconds of relief from reassurance at the moment. And then my head is spinning again about cancer.
    Are you from the UK fishmanpa?

Thank you I appreciate your replies, I know you're not being harsh. I really don't know what I would do without this site

I think you should have a good think about how you use this site.

I'm with Pulisa on this. I know it's a terrifying prospect but I think you need to sit with your fear and ride it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I'm with Pulisa on this. I know it's a terrifying prospect but I think you need to sit with your fear and ride it out.
    What do you mean sit with the fear?

What do you mean sit with the fear?
    Do you mean just try and ignore it as best I can

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think you should have a good think about how you use this site.
    I know you think I rely on it too much perhaps, just I can't sit with the worry, I either type it out or I go to my mum and cry and that's all I can do

Page 45 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread Information