Page 52 of 155 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

I have edited this to add if anyone wanted to chat private message would be best to exchange details

I wrote a log yesterday of my bladder habits.

6.30 - first wee, I didn't really need to go but I did as routine.

7am - a half cup of tea (didn't have time to drink it all)

10am - a half pint of squash.

3pm - a half pint of squash

5pm - A coffee

7pm - a half pint of squash.

At 5 I could feel that my bladder was starting to get full and I felt some slight sensation to go.

At 9pm I had real urgency when sitting down, not so much when I stood up and walked around but I couldn't sit down as was uncomfortable so I finally went to pee.

This log of my bladder habits will probably be frowned upon. But I wanted to see if that seemed normal. I went for a wee twice yesterday in total.
    Last edited by Chlobo; 10-02-22 at 09:33.

I think you maybe need to increase your fluid intake?

Can't find you on FB, but if you message me I'll give you my details as my name's more unusual than yours.

I think you'll find, as was the case for me, that when the meds start to do what they are supposed to do all of the anxiety techniques will become a lot easier to implement.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I think you maybe need to increase your fluid intake?

Can't find you on FB, but if you message me I'll give you my details as my name's more unusual than yours.

I'll message you.
    I'm not sure, I don't drink loads as I'm not an over thirsty person. I felt the urge to urinate, but it wasn't until my bladder was clearly full. This is where the thoughts of neurogenic bladder come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I think you'll find, as was the case for me, that when the meds start to do what they are supposed to do all of the anxiety techniques will become a lot easier to implement.
    That's helpful to know poppy.
    What do you take if you don't mind me asking?

I have been taking Sertraline 25mg now for a week.
    Currently it's giving me an upset stomach in the mornings.
    I started my cycle and it finished, but the last three days I have been losing brown old blood.
    I read that sertraline can affect the menstrual cycle, but it's made me feel very anxious as my cycles are never irregular.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    I spoke to my therapist and told her I'm struggling to do the work my panic is so bad.
    She is going to speak to me Wednesday to discuss things as my doctor told me to email her so I'm hoping she will be able to help
    What did this therapist suggest today, Chloe?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    What did this therapist suggest today, Chloe?
    So I will copy what she said in her email to this post:

Hi Chloe ,
    I understand that it is difficult for you. I am glad you have been able to seek support from your GP. A medication review would be helpful.

I am sorry that you are unable to attend when you are feeling anxious and don’t feel that CBT is currently making a difference.

When you are in crisis and feel unable to keep yourself safe please do call the First Response service on 111 option 2 for crisis support ,they are available 24/7.
    I have also attached a booklet with more helpful techniques to support you to manage your emotions and tolerate distress when you are feeling vulnerable.

I guess given the fact that currently you are unable to attend consistently enough for CBT to have full efficacy what we could do to help. I guess we have 2 options .
    We could end our sessions and you could refer again later once your new medication has made your anxiety levels more tolerable. Or we could complete the remaining 5 sessions alongside the medication with the understanding that missed appointments won’t be replaced.

What would you like to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    That's helpful to know poppy.
    What do you take if you don't mind me asking?
    Currently nothing as in the pandemic I missed appointments with my psychiatrist and never restarted. I think I would be doing even better with the help of meds, but I'm not doing too terribly without aside from some missteps.

I started with escitalopram for awhile and then moved on to fluoxetine. It took me a few weeks after starting initially to get through the side effects, but once I got through that part (with some help from clonazepam) it went a lot better.

I still do occasionally have those moments of sheer panic, but while I was on medication I was able to do CBT and other things that helped me at that time and now that I'm not on medication it's still a lot easier to ride those moments out and there is clarity on the other side, which is nice. I do still seek reassurance sometimes, I think nearly everyone does, but it's night and day.

Keeping a journal has been really helpful for my anxiety because I'm able to get things out by writing them down, and I can go back weeks later and see the things I've survived that I was sure at the time were impending doom.

I hope you get things sorted with your therapist.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    Keeping a journal has been really helpful for my anxiety because I'm able to get things out by writing them down, and I can go back weeks later and see the things I've survived that I was sure at the time were impending doom.
    Now, funnily enough I've been thinking about keeping an "ailments diary" for a long time as once I've gained a new symptom/feeling/whatever, I forget the last one and can never remember "have I had this before?". For a long time I thought it might be a bad idea: well, I bought a small pocket diary at the beginning of the year (the "week to a view" sort with a little pencil down the spine) with a mind to it becoming notes for "worry time".

I didn't set aside any real "worry time" because my lifestyle is a bit chaotic, but just writing the feelings, fears and everything else down has been very helpful for me in rationalising those concerns and later, putting things behind me. Already I am wishing I'd started this sooner.

Page 52 of 155 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread Information