Page 67 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Hi all, sorry for my late reply

My anxiety is really bad at the moment, worse than its ever been. I'm on no medication apart from swallowing a million Diazepam day to try and keep the panic attacks away. My appointment with the psychologist is underway but they don't know when that will be yet exactly. I went and saw my doctor again yesterday as I've developed a tingling sensation in my legs and groin. He did another neuro exam and said he still isn't concerned, and the tinging he isn't worried about. He said he knows I don't have what I think I have. I don't know how to feel anymore, I have nothing left in me. Nora your replies I read over and over, as I do with other members too. Right now my anxiety Is so high that I'm coping second by second, Im not ignoring anyone I'm just exhausted and plodding along best I can.
    Last edited by Chlobo; 01-04-22 at 20:06.

I'm hoping the appointment with the psychologist wont be too long, but the tinging is worrying me. It's almost like the feeling of hairs standing up on my legs, like a fizzing sensation as well, but I can feel it around my groin too. I am struggling to believe this is anxiety but the doctor sees very sure. I mean, he hasn't even offered me a blood test. I think my last bloods were in late August /September when I went to A&E about my breathing and my lungs.

So, only six months ago. Anything that's going to happen that fast is going to have a far more drastic effect on you than a bit of tingling.

My last blood test was, I think, maybe 20 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    So, only six months ago. Anything that's going to happen that fast is going to have a far more drastic effect on you than a bit of tingling.

My last blood test was, I think, maybe 20 years ago?
    It was about 6 months ago, which seems like a long time if I think about it. Maybe not as long as yours though, then again, I had them done at A&E twice last year and they said they were normal. Once in March time I think, and then again in September, late August.
    It's a horrible feeling, I'm trying not to focus on it but it's almost impossible, when I'm walking I can't feel it, if I'm sat down that's when I can really feel it.

It's just your mind playing tricks on you, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    I'm hoping the appointment with the psychologist wont be too long
    Chlobo, you have put a COLOSSAL amount of energy and time into chasing imaginary diseases, seeing doctors, Googling symptoms, and posting on here looking for constant reassurance, and if you can do all that, then you can put some of that energy & time into therapy.Re the Diazepam..

Don't get me wrong, medication has it's place with HA but only to lower severe anxiety levels sufficiently in order to be able to engage with the therapy. Pills deal with symptoms, not the psychological reason you are in this state. You're struggling because you fear dying and leaving your children, right? No pill can sort that out for you. Only learning to challenge your thoughts and changing your perception of death & dying can do that and that's what you should be getting with therapy. But any therapy is only as good as what you are prepared to put into it. You will be given the tools; it's up to you whether you use them or not.

I still have HA thoughts. Controlling HA isn't about never having those fearful thoughts- it's about how we respond when they come. You, lovely lady,are reacting with fear and panic to your thoughts because you haven't yet learned how to observe them and then decide whether or not you need to respond to them. Anxious people get ill too. The human body is awesome but it occasionally needs some help and what a great time to be alive in when it comes to medicine? Example: My brother almost died a few months ago. He had organ failure. He was unconscious for four days, ventilated, tubed up, bagged up. The works. Dude's just come back off his holidays and he's still here giving his baby sister shit - that's how bloody amazing the human body (and the NHS) is. So even when the crap does hit the fan, it doesn't have to be the end of the world. With HA, it's always the end of the world, even when it's a spot on our arse..

This is about finding the balance between reacting to a thought re a symptom with enough anxiety in order to call the doctor or to allow the thought to pass because it is irrational.

Example: I had a bleed from my bum last year. I saw the blood and I didn't freak out as I would have historically done. I decided that because it was new for me, it warranted a trip to the doctor. I made the call. I went for my appointment. My doctor snapped on the rubber gloves and had a good root around my bot-bot. Prior to the appointment, I didn't Google. I didn't contort myself into ridiculous positions in the bathroom with a mirror. I didn't allow myself to go with the worst case scenario HA thought because how many times have I done that in my life? Trillions!

I really should write a book on my epically long history of health anxiety..

Chapter 200 - The time I shouted 'THERE IS SOMETHING STUCK IN MY SODDING ARSE' at my husband and he was on the phone to the GP (AWKS)

Chapter 456 - The time when I thought my bowels had prolapsed and it turned out to be a bit of poo.

Chapter 987 - The one where I put my colonoscopy paper pants on the wrong way around.

Chapter 1098 - The one where I had a panic attack because I hadn't farted for over an hour.

Chapter 9876 - The one where my eyesight was blurred and I thought I had a brain tumour. (I was wearing the wrong glasses)

I could make a fortune?

Anyhoo, the blood was due to a fissure which healed itself after a few months. I was even able to trace it back to an exceptionally tricky poo I'd had. I did not go down that rabbit hole because I put into practice everything I'd learned in CBT. Yes, there's some anxiety when a strange symptom crops up but that's actually normal. 'Some' anxiety spurs us to make the call. No anxiety is dangerous. We would all kill ourselves pretty darn quickly without the ability to feel anxiety! Then there is the anxiety which comes with HA where we can literally think ourselves into a state of terror and fear when there is nothing physically wrong with us. That's where you are now..

I wish you all the luck in the world with the therapy lovely. But it's really not luck you need...
    Last edited by NoraB; 31-03-22 at 15:11.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post

Chapter 1098 - The one where I had a panic attack because I hadn't farted for over an hour.
    I once had a panic attack because my farts sounded too high-pitched.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Chlobo, you have put a COLOSSAL amount of energy and time into chasing imaginary diseases, seeing doctors, Googling symptoms, and posting on here looking for constant reassurance, and if you can do all that, then you can put some of that energy & time into therapy.Re the Diazepam..

Don't get me wrong, medication has it's place with HA but only to lower severe anxiety levels sufficiently in order to be able to engage with the therapy. Pills deal with symptoms, not the psychological reason you are in this state. You're struggling because you fear dying and leaving your children, right? No pill can sort that out for you. Only learning to challenge your thoughts and changing your perception of death & dying can do that and that's what you should be getting with therapy. But any therapy is only as good as what you are prepared to put into it. You will be given the tools; it's up to you whether you use them or not.

I still have HA thoughts. Controlling HA isn't about never having those fearful thoughts- it's about how we respond when they come. You, lovely lady,are reacting with fear and panic to your thoughts because you haven't yet learned how to observe them and then decide whether or not you need to respond to them. Anxious people get ill too. The human body is awesome but it occasionally needs some help and what a great time to be alive in when it comes to medicine? Example: My brother almost died a few months ago. He had organ failure. He was unconscious for four days, ventilated, tubed up, bagged up. The works. Dude's just come back off his holidays and he's still here giving his baby sister shit - that's how bloody amazing the human body (and the NHS) is. So even when the crap does hit the fan, it doesn't have to be the end of the world. With HA, it's always the end of the world, even when it's a spot on our arse..

This is about finding the balance between reacting to a thought re a symptom with enough anxiety in order to call the doctor or to allow the thought to pass because it is irrational.

Example: I had a bleed from my bum last year. I saw the blood and I didn't freak out as I would have historically done. I decided that because it was new for me, it warranted a trip to the doctor. I made the call. I went for my appointment. My doctor snapped on the rubber gloves and had a good root around my bot-bot. Prior to the appointment, I didn't Google. I didn't contort myself into ridiculous positions in the bathroom with a mirror. I didn't allow myself to go with the worst case scenario HA thought because how many times have I done that in my life? Trillions!

I really should write a book on my epically long history of health anxiety..

Chapter 200 - The time I shouted 'THERE IS SOMETHING STUCK IN MY SODDING ARSE' at my husband and he was on the phone to the GP (AWKS)

Chapter 456 - The time when I thought my bowels had prolapsed and it turned out to be a bit of poo.

Chapter 987 - The one where I put my colonoscopy paper pants on the wrong way around.

Chapter 9876 - The one where my eyesight was blurred and I thought I had a brain tumour. (I was wearing the wrong glasses)

I could make a fortune?

Anyhoo, the blood was due to a fissure which healed itself after a few months. I was even able to trace it back to an exceptionally tricky poo I'd had. I did not go down that rabbit hole because I put into practice everything I'd learned in CBT. Yes, there's some anxiety when a strange symptom crops up but that's actually normal. 'Some' anxiety spurs us to make the call. No anxiety is dangerous. We would all kill ourselves pretty darn quickly without the ability to feel anxiety! Then there is the anxiety which comes with HA where we can literally think ourselves into a state of terror and fear when there is nothing physically wrong with us. That's where you are now..

I wish you all the luck in the world with the therapy lovely. But it's really not luck you need...

I can't seem to trace my symptoms back to anything, it started with a numb butt feeling and now almost 3 months on I'm here. The tingling has only just started the last three days and I don't understand how the doctor can be so 'certain' without running tests. He did some neurological checks but honestly I'm shocked he didn't want to do more, especially when I told him I'm now tingling. I can feel the tingling in my bum cheeks, the top of my legs and around my groin. I'm wearing leggings so nothing is too tight. It scares the living daylights out of me. He said he knows it isn't a Spinal T but how when he hasn't looked inside. I'm just experiencing all these awful symptoms and it's not stopping

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    I can't seem to trace my symptoms back to anything, it started with a numb butt feeling and now almost 3 months on I'm here. The tingling has only just started the last three days and I don't understand how the doctor can be so 'certain' without running tests. He did some neurological checks but honestly I'm shocked he didn't want to do more, especially when I told him I'm now tingling. I can feel the tingling in my bum cheeks, the top of my legs and around my groin. I'm wearing leggings so nothing is too tight. It scares the living daylights out of me. He said he knows it isn't a Spinal T but how when he hasn't looked inside. I'm just experiencing all these awful symptoms and it's not stopping
    I actually asked the doctor if it was a good thing that I could feel a fart In my bum, and did that mean I wasn't numb?

You need to believe your GP Chlobo. If they were at all concerned they would do more. It's your health anxiety.

Page 67 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread Information