Page 73 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    So she came and talked to me for about two hours. She's going to speak to the psychologist who is going to speak to me about some new medication. She gave me some practical things to do as well. I think she's like a care coordinator so someone that will just support me with my mental health.

But a spanner in the works again, my last period I bled and then stopped, then 3 days later I suddenly started to bleed again. It worried me but I thought it may have been my anxiety or something.
    Well fast forward I have just finished my period again, I bled for about 4 days and it stopped. I went to the toilet and I'm constipated so I strained, and when I wiped my front there is blood! I'm not sure if my period is starting again and I have triggered the bleeding by straining but I'm so worried. Either way that's two periods that have been irregular. My last smear was a year ago and I had some yucky cells which they burned off at the hospital. I'm due another smear but now I'm terrified!
    Hormones are really easily put out of whack by physical stress and anxiety. My periods were funny for 4 months after I had a few weeks of high intensity stress from work. Even after the stress had gone away, my body took time to catch up with the fact.

You've been wound up to 90 for the past couple of months, so it would be surprising if your cycle WASN'T affected in some way. You're also in your 30's, where hormonal changes do start to happen. Cycles get longer/shorter, stop and start, and spotting happens more often when straining if its around the time of your period etc.

I actually counted down to when this started and it's been 3 months of pure panic. that's helpful to know it affected your cycle too. I know stress can do things for sure. Just another thing that made me panic. The lady that came to see me today gave me some forms to look at, some have anxiety symptoms on which I have been reading

The lady that came to see me today gave me some forms to look at, some have anxiety symptoms on which I have been reading
    Reading isn't understanding and you need to understand this MH condition in order to effectively control it.

You introduced yourself to this forum in 2014. There's been 8 years worth of threads such as this one. Remember what the original ones were? Dizziness. Tingling. Numbness. Leading to the fear of brain cancer. All classic symptoms of anxiety. It's 2022 and here you are again with the same symptoms and the same fears. As frustrating as this is to us, maybe it's just not your time yet? As in, it took me over four decades to reach the point where I made that mental shift. More so, that I was able to do so. In my case, half of that time, I didn't know what was happening to me had a name. The change came at the point where I was 100% accepting that I was dying. I let go of the fear andsomething clicked in my brain. I didn't die, obvs, but the mental shift remained and I worked my arse off to gain control of this disorder and I've been in control ever since despite numerous real health issues. I know what it takes to control this and because of this I want to try and help everyone to control theirs. But it's not that easy is it? Not everybody listens. You're not listening. You're 'talking' but you're not listening. When you make that mental shift, you will listen. You will do whatever it takes and not give up at the first hurdle (or second, third, fourth, fifth). I was 47 when this happened to me. HA had been controlling me since I was a very small child. It's still with me, but it no longer controls me.

It's our thoughts that create this disorder and it's challenging those thoughts that will put us back in control. This is the bottom line, and it is by no means 'easy'.

And it starts with acceptance.

Acceptance that we're going to die one day - a cert for every living thing on this planet.

Acceptance that our kids will not only survive but will thrive without us. It's quite the ego trip to imagine that we are so singularly important that our kids will shrivel & die if we're not there, right? How about we step out of a fearfully imagined future and into the present where we can make the kind of memories that will make our children smile when we're gone? Those type of memories cannot be made where there's fear..

Acceptance that we might get ill but that doesn't mean death. (I have numerous health conditions but I'm not dying)

Acceptance that no matter what shit life throws at us, we have the choice of how to respond - even if the initial response is to fall apart.

All the best with therapy lovely and I hope you get your little girl back soon. X

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Reading isn't understanding and you need to understand this MH condition in order to effectively control it.

You introduced yourself to this forum in 2014. There's been 8 years worth of threads such as this one. Remember what the original ones were? Dizziness. Tingling. Numbness. Leading to the fear of brain cancer. All classic symptoms of anxiety. It's 2022 and here you are again with the same symptoms and the same fears. As frustrating as this is to us, maybe it's just not your time yet? As in, it took me over four decades to reach the point where I made that mental shift. More so, that I was able to do so. In my case, half of that time, I didn't know what was happening to me had a name. The change came at the point where I was 100% accepting that I was dying. I let go of the fear andsomething clicked in my brain. I didn't die, obvs, but the mental shift remained and I worked my arse off to gain control of this disorder and I've been in control ever since despite numerous real health issues. I know what it takes to control this and because of this I want to try and help everyone to control theirs. But it's not that easy is it? Not everybody listens. You're not listening. You're 'talking' but you're not listening. When you make that mental shift, you will listen. You will do whatever it takes and not give up at the first hurdle (or second, third, fourth, fifth). I was 47 when this happened to me. HA had been controlling me since I was a very small child. It's still with me, but it no longer controls me.

It's our thoughts that create this disorder and it's challenging those thoughts that will put us back in control. This is the bottom line, and it is by no means 'easy'.

And it starts with acceptance.

Acceptance that we're going to die one day - a cert for every living thing on this planet.

Acceptance that our kids will not only survive but will thrive without us. It's quite the ego trip to imagine that we are so singularly important that our kids will shrivel & die if we're not there, right? How about we step out of a fearfully imagined future and into the present where we can make the kind of memories that will make our children smile when we're gone? Those type of memories cannot be made where there's fear..

Acceptance that we might get ill but that doesn't mean death. (I have numerous health conditions but I'm not dying)

Acceptance that no matter what shit life throws at us, we have the choice of how to respond - even if the initial response is to fall apart.

All the best with therapy lovely and I hope you get your little girl back soon. X

It's just hard for me to accept what the doctor has said when he hasn't run any real tests.
    I really struggle unless I can see proof in front of me.
    I definitely haven't made that mental shift, I say I'm going too but then a symptom comes and throws me off the path and I go straight back down again.
    The self testing is constant, I've been running a feather down my leg and my lower leg nearer to my foot I can't feel it that much as other areas on my leg, it scares me.
    I managed to go out today and sit at the park with a friend, I'm struggling to be out for too long in case I wet myself so that was a big thing today. I am just petrified of wetting myself and losing bladder control

I'm just sat here trying to eat some dinner and I felt 'something' come out. I went to the toilet to check my pants and there was a wet patch at the back 😭 I can't figure out if it's pee. I'm so scared

I'm just sat here trying to eat some dinner and I felt 'something' come out. I went to the toilet to check my pants and there was a wet patch at the back 😭 I can't figure out if it's pee. I'm so scared
    And what it is urine? I leak urine all the time. And I have had loose of my bowels before when I have been sick.

I mean I am honestly asking...what if is urine ?

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    And what it is urine? I leak urine all the time. And I have had loose of my bowels before when I have been sick.

I mean I am honestly asking...what if is urine ?

I'm scared because loss of bladder control the doctor said would happen if there was a spine tumor and now the wet patch

I'm scared because loss of bladder control the doctor said would happen if there was a spine tumor and now the wet patch
    I've just gone to the toilet after being asleep all night and I've done a big wee, would that of just come out at night. I'm so scared

You slept through the night then went for a wee. Chloe, you do know you're being ludicrous, right? Are you making any effort at all to just let these thoughts float past you?

I and so many others have talked you through this; is it any wonder we get frustrated?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You slept through the night then went for a wee. Chloe, you do know you're being ludicrous, right? Are you making any effort at all to just let these thoughts float past you?

I and so many others have talked you through this; is it any wonder we get frustrated?
    I don't know if I am being silly, I'm just scared. That wet patch has really thrown me off the bus.
    I went for a wee just now as I woke up but I'm scared that I'm slowly losing bladder control.
    I have been trying too, so the numbness sensations I've been batting away but the wet patch has just scared me to death

Page 73 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread Information