Page 83 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Re: I know I'm posting again but I'm worried about my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    And regarding the self harm situation. I went into the toilet and did that, no one saw. I kept it to myself and it healed and I haven't done it since. My doctor also knows about that, and the psychologist.
    People with OCD and health anxiety always self test, it's part of it.
    You see people here cutting their poo open with things, people who are jumping on one leg, touching their nose with one finger. Scratching their leg to check for numb spots, pinching, poking.
    At some point during an obsession most if not every member on here has done some form of obsessive self testing during a bad cycle. But that's the nature of this curse isn't it??
    The OCD behaviour is one of the hardest most traumatising parts of it to deal with. Well in my case it is. The compulsions are frightening.

Fish I use my phone to access this site, I'm not sat on a computer all day. I do come on here a lot but it certainly isn't 8 hours a day. It probably shows in logged on when I'm not even on the page because I stay logged in all the time, I never sign out. My plan is to show this thread to the psychologist. Because part of my OCD is seeking reassurance here.
    I think you will have to be prepared for the psychologist to tell you not to use NMP whilst you are having professional therapy.

I asked about the children because as a single parent of young children it would be hard to go to A&E in the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Don’t be sorry, it’s absolutely your right to choose and you don’t have to explain it. You’ve also had a lot more to do with OP than me.

It’s good to worry about peoples children, I just don’t like the assumptions by some people that MH issues make you a bad parent. Maybe it’s too close to home, I don’t know.
    There are plenty of really bad parents who don't have MH issues but are just self-centred and unloving. I can't see you as anything other than a devoted and caring mum, Scass.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think you will have to be prepared for the psychologist to tell you not to use NMP whilst you are having professional therapy.

I asked about the children because as a single parent of young children it would be hard to go to A&E in the holidays.
    My children were at a club that day with their friends. That's why I took the opportunity to go. They went from morning till late afternoon so it gave me plenty of time to get there and back

Hi guys, sooo I have been in contact with Chloe since I first told her to get a grip of herself and it caused outrage. I have told her again today to get a grip of herself before she gets locked up as now she is worried that all these sensations are coming from her brain. What I do have to say from my observation is that she is a warm, caring and loving person and a good parent. Unfortunately she has been dealt a shitty hand but is also a victim of her own poor choices. Her youngest child’s father is a manipulative abuser and in my opinion it’s him that’s causing this absolute breakdown of logic and rationality with her. She’s just projecting everything done to her on to her health. I understand everyone’s anger towards her because I admit she’s angered me. I felt extreme irritation when I seen she had been seeking reassurance from me on the telephone and also on here which I didn’t realise she was doing as I have stayed off nmp lately. However she does look after her children and well at that. Chloe has gone beyond medication at this point and needs a serious reality check maybe in a short stay in hospital form. I think however we should all just abstain from talking about the kids at this point they are safe and well cared for x

Quote Originally Posted by Sar89 View Post
    Hi guys, sooo I have been in contact with Chloe since I first told her to get a grip of herself and it caused outrage. I have told her again today to get a grip of herself before she gets locked up as now she is worried that all these sensations are coming from her brain. What I do have to say from my observation is that she is a warm, caring and loving person and a good parent. Unfortunately she has been dealt a shitty hand but is also a victim of her own poor choices. Her youngest child’s father is a manipulative abuser and in my opinion it’s him that’s causing this absolute breakdown of logic and rationality with her. She’s just projecting everything done to her on to her health. I understand everyone’s anger towards her because I admit she’s angered me. I felt extreme irritation when I seen she had been seeking reassurance from me on the telephone and also on here which I didn’t realise she was doing as I have stayed off nmp lately. However she does look after her children and well at that. Chloe has gone beyond medication at this point and needs a serious reality check maybe in a short stay in hospital form. I think however we should all just abstain from talking about the kids at this point they are safe and well cared for x
    Sar, you're right, it's probably for the best. While objectively, the contents of this thread paints a picture that could concern people, we don't really know Chloe at all, and can't/shouldn't pass judgement about her life. Without context, it's easy to jump to conclusions.

I really hope she is able to get the help she needs, but I genuinely don't think this forum is a good place for her to be right now. Perhaps Chloe could consider taking a break from this place for a while. I'm not sure if you can put a temp ban on yourself or not, but maybe getting away from all of this can help her focus on getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar89 View Post
    Sar, my experiences with Chloe have been the same as yours. I find her a genuinely likeable person and wish I could have been more helpful. Unfortunately, though, I think that all we've both been doing while she's in her current state is feeding her unending need for reassurance.

I really hope she's able to get herself out of this with help from trained professionals, but it's been hard for me to open myself up and talk about how I made it out the other side only to be dismissed and rebuffed.

I think there has been 'fire fighting' going on here (NMP) for years with Chloe's situation, and to be honest I think if she hadn't had endless replies (which I have taken part in as well, of course) she would (and possibly is) getting to the point of having to reach out and use the professionals instead. Sometimes you have to reach the absolute bottom of the pit, the worst place, to find a way back up. My opinion is that we shouldn't be discussing Chloe's health with her at all, but only the outcome from professional meetings, work set, medication given and everything related to recovery and trying to recover. Anything we say here has been said before countless times, and it is a waste of our time (and I don't say this in an angry way - but if anything was going to work it would have by now) as for some reason she is resistant to it. Its not our place to diagnose or set treatment plans in place, and when other members get drained continually its not good for everybody else either. This is beyond what a 'self help forum' can be helpful with, clearly.
    Last edited by Carys; 20-04-22 at 04:43.

Quote Originally Posted by WorryRaptor View Post
    Sar, you're right, it's probably for the best. While objectively, the contents of this thread paints a picture that could concern people, we don't really know Chloe at all, and can't/shouldn't pass judgement about her life. Without context, it's easy to jump to conclusions.

I really hope she is able to get the help she needs, but I genuinely don't think this forum is a good place for her to be right now. Perhaps Chloe could consider taking a break from this place for a while. I'm not sure if you can put a temp ban on yourself or not, but maybe getting away from all of this can help her focus on getting better.
    I think Chloe deffo needs time away from forum as she has freely admitted to me that she is using it as a symptom diary kind of thing. I know she doesn’t do it purposefully but in my opinion she is developing strong ocd like symptoms and the only way to fight that is to refrain from doing it. I also hope she can get the help she needs as she really does need it now x

Hey Blue darling how are you ? I fear your right. We have been feeding her dragon. I will not be discussing an health issues with her in future. Happy to be her friend as I genuinely like her as a person but I won’t be discussing anything like that with her. I understand the irritation she has caused as it caused me irritation reading this thread that I didn’t know had been continuing and she hasn’t mentioned. 🙄 I’m not sure what’s the nexts step in regards to treatment for Chlo, I will phone her later and see what action plan has been put in place because this CANNOT go on x

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I think there has been 'fire fighting' going on here (NMP) for years with Chloe's situation, and to be honest I think if she hadn't had endless replies (which I have taken part in as well, of course) she would (and possibly is) getting to the point of having to reach out and use the professionals instead. Sometimes you have to reach the absolute bottom of the pit, the worst place, to find a way back up. My opinion is that we shouldn't be discussing Chloe's health with her at all, but only the outcome from professional meetings, work set, medication given and everything related to recovery and trying to recover. Anything we say here has been said before countless times, and it is a waste of our time (and I don't say this in an angry way - but if anything was going to work it would have by now) as for some reason she is resistant to it. Its not our place to diagnose or set treatment plans in place, and when other members get drained continually its not good for everybody else either. This is beyond what a 'self help forum' can be helpful with, clearly.
    Hey Cary’s, completely agree with everything you say. Chlo it seems to me is unusually resistant to the usual help. I think her behaviours are really deeply entrenched. I think she will end up having a spell in a unit if it goes on much longer myself personally. As really what can her gp do. He’s got an uphill task here hasn’t he? Medication after medication, lots of cbt and none of its working. It’s really the next step I should of imagined ? Anyway as I said to blue I’m gonna continue to stay in contact as I really do genuinely like her and we actually end up having a good laugh on the phone and on some level I ‘get’ her but I’m not going to discuss health or anything like with her unless it’s to talk about what we are doing to combat it xx

Page 83 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread Information